A variety of methods can help you to detoxify your body. Some of the common ones include:
- Sea-salt flush: This method employs the intake of sea salt with warm water in a particular concentration to flush out the toxins from the body.
- Coffee detox: This method uses an enema of organic coffee – its is again very effective for detoxifying the body.
- Raw juices : Various vegetable juices are prescribed in this method – these have to be taken raw and fresh.
- Sauna, steam bath : Helps in eliminating body toxins by means of sweat.
- Elimination diets : These exclude certain items from your food while encouraging intake of others. It aids the colon (large intestine) in flushing the system free of toxins.
- Fasting : one of the ancient and most widely used procedure for detoxification.
All of these methods ultimately do one thing: They help in enhancing one or more of the natural detoxification measures existing in the body. Cleansing of the various toxin-excreting channels also makes the body more receptive to nutrients from the foods we eat. No wonder then that detoxification forms the first step to most of the health programs – only after the body has been cleansed can it maintain good health.