A proper diet and disciplined regime can help you to protect yourself from Sydrome X
- If you are overweight, decrease your body weight by 8-10 kg. Weight reduction reduces insulin resistance.
- Work it out at the gym or walk for 30-40 minutes. Even mild physical activity helps reduce insulin resistance.
- Avoid eating refined carbohydrates like biscuits made from white flour, desserts, white breads and replace these with snacks made from whole wheat bread, whole grain biscuits made from soyabean, millet, wheat bran, etc.
- Increase your intake of fruits and vegetables.
- Eat complex carbohydrates like brown rice, jowar, bajra or nachni rotis.
- Replace non-vegetarian foods with tofu, whole dals and low fat curds.
- Switch to monounsaturated oils extracted from til seeds, groundnuts or olive oil.
The solution to control syndrome-X lies in our kitchen. Limiting refined carbohydrates and eating a sensible diet will help you avoid the burden of paying large medical bills later in life.
Even if you are genetically prone to getting diabetes, you can postpone the problem or not precipitate it at all if you choose to eat sensibly and exercise regularly. Sugar and fat both have a depressing effect on your immunity. They interfere with the white blood cells’ ability to attack and destroy invading pathogens. The negative effects of fried food and sugar can last for more than twelve hours. That means your body is fighting a losing battle for those twelve hours, which cause further degeneration.