Thyroid has become a common health concern for people across the globe. It affects your health and can make a huge difference to your lifestyle. It makes you feel bloated, your skin looks dull and your diet goes for a toss. If you are wondering about the signs that will tell you about thyroid, then read here.
However, not many people are actually aware of thyroid and its implications on our health. Thyroid is a butterfly-shaped gland located in the front of the neck that regulates numerous metabolic processes throughout the body. It also controls:
- Body temperature
- Heart rate
- Blood pressure
- The rate at which your body converts food into energy
When the level of thyroid hormone is low, the hypothalamus in the brain produces a hormone known as thyrotropin releasing hormone (TRH) that causes the pituitary gland (located at the base of the brain) to release thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH). TSH stimulates the thyroid gland to release T3 (triiodothyronine) and T4 (Thyroxine). Since thyroid gland is controlled by the pituitary gland and hypothalamus, disorders of these tissues can also affect thyroid function and cause thyroid problems.
Listed below are some of the thyroid disorders that could pose a severe threat to a healthy lifestyle:
- Hyperthyroidism: Hyperthyroidism happens due to excessive production of thyroid hormone, or through Graves’ disease, or through an overactive thyroid nodule.
- Hypothyroidism: Hypothyroidism is the low production of thyroid hormone which generally takes place when the thyroid gland gets damaged by an autoimmune disease.
- Goitre: Goitre usually refers to the swelling of the thyroid. They are harmless and represent iodine deficiency or a condition called Hashimoto’s thyroiditis.
- Thyroiditis: Thyroiditis can be painful and usually occurs due to inflammation of the thyroid gland when it gets affected with an autoimmune disease.
- Thyroid cancer: An uncommon form of cancer, thyroid cancer is usually curable and is quite uncommon. However, it should be removed through hormonal treatment, radiation or surgery.
- Thyroid nodule: Thyroid nodules are extremely common and secrete hormones causing hyperthyroidism. It is a small lump in the thyroid gland which could also prove to be cancerous at times.
- Thyroid storm: It is a rare form of hyperthyroidism where production of high thyroid hormones might cause severe illness.
- Graves’ disease: When the thyroid gland is overstimulated, it results into an autoimmune condition thus causing hyperthyroidism.
Thyroid disorder is not good for health and we can help you fight it out in a healthy way. Our unique treatment of integrated homeopathy combines the power of nutrition to help you combat thyroid disorders, moreover, the treatment poses no side-effects and gives you result that is visible for a lifetime.
Interested in knowing more about our thyroid treatment? Book your appointment or give us a missed call on 18002660607 to get a free consultation from our expert team of doctors and nutritionists.