A lot of teenagers get acne – some get it on their back, some on their faces. In this article, we have listed some powerful and natural tips to get rid of acne.
What causes acne?
Acne is more common in males rather than in females, as an excess of androgens (the male sex hormone testosterone) causes acne. Women with an excess of androgens are also prone to acne.
During puberty, androgens increase in both the sexes, making teenage girls susceptible to acne as well. Women also get acne just before their menstrual cycle due to increased progesterone levels. Some oral contraceptives high in progesterone levels can also cause acne.
You could also get acne when you put in a lot of toxins in your body by way of faulty food, steroids, oral contraceptives, antiepileptic drugs, exposure to pollutants, using poor quality cosmetics, among others.
Constipation, not drinking enough water, consuming foods with a heaty effect such as almonds, walnut and soya bean can also precipitate acne. Psychological stress can cause acne, as stress influences hormones and hormones influence the secretion of the oil glands, which in turn cause acne.
9 Tips to Get Rid of Acne
- Undergo a blood, liver and colon cleansing routine with your healthcare expert
- Drink at least one litre of water on waking up
- Increase fibre intake by eating more fruits, vegetables, whole grains like wheat bran, brown rice, nuts and seeds
- Drink a glass of vegetable juice daily. If you have frequent constipation, drink 1 glass of spinach and tomato juice, as it works as a good laxative. Wash spinach leaves thoroughly and blend them and one tomato together into a paste. Add water so that it has a drinkable consistency and lime and salt to taste.
- Reduce consumption of fried and junk food for a better skin
- Sometimes, just eliminating dairy products helps to control acne. Most dairy products are rich in saturated fats, which worsen acne. After the acne has cleared up, try reintroducing dairy products to see if the acne returns
- Shampoo your hair at least twice a week so that dirt from the hair does not add to the infection
- Avoid wearing too much make-up. If you must, then use cosmetics which are water based not oil based, and most importantly clean your face off make-up with a good cleanser.
- Never touch acne sores as this can irritate the skin and make your acne worse
If none of the home remedies for acne work, speak to your doctor instead of using medicine or acne creams. You can also try homeopathy for acne. It is safe, effective and provides long-lasting results.
For a FREE Consultation, talk to Health Total experts. Call 18002660607 to book your appointment!