People who can get affected by Vitiligo
Vitiligo is a serious skin disorder which affects millions of men, women and even children of all ages and ethnicities worldwide. However, there are a few factors which can put one at a higher risk of developing this skin disorder. They are as follows:
- Individuals who have a blood relative who has vitiligo.
- Individuals who have a blood relative who has suffered from an autoimmune disease.
- Individuals who suffer from an autoimmune disease.
- Individuals who have recently gone through childbirth.
- Individuals who have suffered a traumatic or extremely stressful emotional event in their life.
- Individuals who have injured or severely burnt their skin.
- Individuals who suffer from anaemia or type 1 diabetes.
- Individuals who have sensitive skin and tan easily and are prone to sunburn.
- If you have tried skin treatments, but nothing seems to work.
- Individuals who have been exposed to harmful chemicals or toxins.
Vitiligo is a lifelong skin disorder which can permanently affect and damage your skin as well as hair, eyes and also your hearing, for the rest of your life. Individuals who suffer from vitiligo often also suffer from a lack of self-esteem and depression. Also, this skin disorder is more noticeable in people with dark skin.