Causes of Back Pain
The back is one of the most integral parts of the human body. It is composed of a complex structure cushioned with cartilage-like pads. Any problem that lingers among disks, muscles, tendons, bones or ligaments could lead to a severe case of back pain.
Here are some of the common back pain causes:
1. Obesity: Overweight people are susceptible to back pain, especially if they have excess weight around the belly. This adds pressure on the back, causing discomfort and pain. So, it is one of the main back pain causes.
2. Sedentary lifestyle: A sedentary lifestyle makes you highly vulnerable to back pain. Lack of exercise leads to belly fat, which adds pressure on your lower back. A sedentary lifestyle also makes your muscles stiff, making movement of the back difficult and painful. Click here to know the common symptoms of back pain.
3. Laborious physical work: If your work involves a lot of physical activity such as bending, walking and standing for long hours, you are vulnerable to back pain.
4. Poor posture: Not sitting or walking in a proper posture can also make you susceptible to back pain.
5. Long drives: Driving a car or riding a bike without a break can lead to back pain. If your body experiences a sudden jerk while travelling, it can also result in severe back pain.
Click here to know what is back pain
6. Strenuous physical exercise: Just like laborious physical work, strenuous exercises can also cause back pain. So, it is important to do it under proper supervision and give adequate rest to your body between sessions.
7. Anxiety and depression: Constant stress, anxiety and depression can have a negative effect on the body, causing body pain.
8. Poor lifestyle: Irregular sleeping schedule or poor sleeping positions, poor dietary habits, smoking and consuming excessive alcohol are also back pain causes.
9. Pregnancy: Pregnant women are much more likely to suffer from back pain.
10. Age: Older adults are highly susceptible to developing back pain compared to the young or children.
11. Infections: If you are suffering from any infection or spine cancer, then you may experience back pain often.
To get relief, the foremost thing you must do is check your weight. Once that is under control, you can effectively work on other back pain causes. In case of severe issues, seek proper medical guidance.