Rejuvenate Your Body With Nutrigenomics Counselling for Detoxification
The natural process occurring in our body that helps eliminate harmful substances or toxins is called detoxification. Detox plays a vital role in improving and maintaining good health. Our body gets exposed to plenty of chemicals daily through the foods we eat, the fluids we drink, and the air we breathe. Also, the cosmetics and personal care products that we apply to our skin and several other products that we use for domestic cleaning and daily chores expose us to harmful chemicals. As a result, toxins accumulate in our bodies, thereby increasing the risk of the development of various disease conditions. So, detoxification is crucial to cleanse your body and prevent the risk of hazardous ailments. Health Total realises the role of diet and nutrition in promoting detoxification naturally and provides you with the best nutrigenomics detoxification consultation to help you cleanse your body with the detox diet that suits your genetic make-up the best. Our detox diet plan with nutrigenomics testing not just promotes detoxification for improving immunity and enjoying good health but also offers you the best body cleanse for weight loss.
Types of Toxins That Call for a Detox:
Two types of toxins exist that need to be eliminated from your body; they are as below.
- Endogenous Toxins:Your body produces this type of toxins as by-products of the metabolism. For instance, the metabolic by-products of the bacteria that exist in our bodies.
- Exogenous Toxins: These types of toxins your body absorbs from various external sources, such as air, food, and water. For instance, chemicals and microorganisms.
Why and When do You Need Detoxification?
Toxins are known to be fat-soluble substances; so, it is difficult to eliminate them from your body easily. Also, toxins happen to have an affinity to your body fat cells and can be stored within them for years. When toxins accumulate in your body, you may suffer from fatigue, liver disorders, obesity, irregular sleep patterns, and cancer. So, it is necessary to cleanse your body by removing these toxic substances from your body. Detoxification helps convert these toxins into water-soluble substances and enables your body to get rid of them, thereby offering you the best body cleanse for weight loss. Your body becomes more nutrient-receptive, and you enjoy sustainable health outcomes.
How Detoxification Occurs in Our Body?
Generally, detoxification in your body occurs in the following steps.
- On the entry of toxins into your body, your body identifies them and indicates them as ‘dangerous’ to stimulate the process of detoxification.
- Toxins move to the liver where they turn activated; which is why they happen to be harmful to health.
- Activated toxins then turn into water-soluble molecules so their transportation becomes easy.
- Later, these water-soluble toxins are excreted through the urine, sweat, and faeces. This excretion process occurs in the kidneys and intestines.
- Your liver plays a key role in cleansing your bodythrough detoxification. Also, your gastrointestinal tract is the prominent body part that plays a crucial role in the elimination of toxins.
What are the 3 Key Phases of Detoxification?
The natural process of detoxification can be differentiated and grouped into three crucial phases as below.
1st Phase: Bioactivation
In the initial phase of detox, toxins in your body are prepared for the second phase. Cytochrome P450 (CYP) enzymes play an important role in carrying out this first phase.
2nd Phase: Conjugation
The second phase takes place in your body in six different stages. During this phase, the deactivation of toxins occurs. For their easy excretion through the urine and bile, toxins are made more water-soluble. Enzymes, such as UDP-Glucuronosyltransferases (UGT) and glutathione transferases, have an active role in the success of this second phase. COMT, SULT1A1, and N-acetyltransferase are other genes that help carry out this phase of detox.
3rd Phase: Antiporter Activity
In this phase of detoxification, the water-soluble toxins are carried across the membranes of the cells of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, kidneys, and blood-brain barrier. The excretion process takes place in the intestines, liver, and kidneys during this phase. Solute Carrier (SLC10) and ATP-binding Cassette protein (ABC) gene families play an active role in this phase.
The ABC family of genes has a role in impacting the absorption and outflow of the processed toxins from the cells. A couple of genes from the SLC family help in the formation, absorption, and excretion of bile salts from the body through the small intestine. Thus, the natural detoxification process occurs promoting the best body cleanse for weight loss and making your body nutrient-receptive. And, genes have a role to play in carrying out effective detoxification in your body.
What is the Significance of Nutrigenomics and Detox Panel?
The scientific, precise study of how the diet and nutrients obtained through the foods you consume affect the expression of genes in your body and how your genetic composition affects the response to bioactive components, nutrients, and metabolism is known as nutrigenomics. Nutrigenomics helps you have the right diets that work the best for your genes to carry out the natural detoxification process effectively. So, the detox support panel helps in identifying the genes whose expressions can be managed by a detox diet and analyses genes that help your body perform effective detoxification of toxic compounds by the liver. This helps keep a range of chronic health conditions, such as obesity, cardiovascular ailments, cancer, and more, at bay.
The liver is the world’s most complex chemical laboratory present in our bodies. Numerous chemical reactions that are extremely complex happen at every moment of our lives inside our liver. One of the major functions of our liver is to detoxify harmful compounds which are either formed during metabolic processes or ingested by the body through food and water, alcohol, pesticides, and other such chemicals.
Nutrigenomics helps in identifying and analysing genes responsible for the production of enzymes related to the detoxification of toxic compounds. This helps our health experts understand the inherent ability of your liver to protect your body from the harmful effects of toxic metabolites and by-products.
When our body is unable to detoxify efficiently, it’s known as impaired detoxification. Various medical studies have revealed the link between impaired detoxification and the development of health conditions, such as immune dysfunction syndrome, various types of cancer, fibromyalgia, Parkinson’s disease, and obesity. The NFE2L2 gene is responsible for managing the NRF2 gene’s activity which plays a key role in the production of NRF2 protein. This protein is prominently responsible for carrying out the detoxification process to cleanse your body. Also, the NRF2 gene acts to activate some other genes for the formation of proteins that are necessary for smooth detoxification. Certain abnormal modifications in the NFE2L2 gene minimize the activity and expression of the NRF2 gene; as a result, it impairs your body’s efficiency to detox and protects itself from oxidative stress.
Even though genes play a key role in managing detoxification, nutrition obtained through the foods you eat modifies the expression of various genes. Certain foods balance metabolic pathways favourably to promote detoxification. Here are some enzymes associated with detoxification that both genes and nutrition influence.
- Methylene-tetra-hydro-folate reductase gene (MTHFR)is a noted example of the interaction of genes and nutrients in the field of nutrigenomics. It plays a major role in the conversion of homocysteine to methionine, metabolizing folic acid, and maintaining normal levels of homocysteine in your blood. People with low expression of MTHFR may present with an inability to detoxify, cardiovascular ailments, and birth defects. The deficiencies of vitamin B2, B12, B6, and folate lead to high levels of homocysteine that is not good. So, as per your gene test report, our nutrigenomics counsellor may recommend a detox dietcomprising these essential B vitamins and folate.
- Glutathione S transferases (GST)are another type of enzyme that nutrients and genes influence. Their prime function is the conjugation of GSH (sulphur group of glutathione) to generate a water-soluble compound excreted through the urine or bile. They play a crucial role in detoxification and antioxidant defence. Following a diet comprising nutritious foods, such as cruciferous vegetables, alliums, and resveratrol, happen to induce GSTs in our bodies. So, based on your gene testing for detox, our expert nutrigenomics counsellors may recommend you a nutritious detox diet to cleanse your body. Also, it is important to note that body weight, genetic variances, and gender influence dietary factors related to GST enzymes.
- Sulfotransferases (SULT)have an active role in the detoxification of toxins and procarcinogens. Their reduced function and polymorphisms can increase your risk of developing lung cancer. So, if you are found to have decreased function of this enzyme in your gene test, our expert nutrigenomics counsellors and dieticians may recommend you a detox dietrich in sulphur-containing compounds to promote SULT function. We may recommend you diet comprising sulphur-abundant foods, such as onion, garlic, eggs, meat, broccoli, kale, and more cruciferous vegetables. Also, healthy exposure to sunlight can help stimulate the generation of cholesterol sulphate.
How to Enhance Your Detoxification System Naturally?
On learning the role of nutrigenomics in boosting your detoxification, you can follow certain dietary and lifestyle modifications to cleanse your body naturally. Our health experts recommend some healthy tips to enhance your detoxification process. Here’s a quick rundown of it.
- Make it a habit to have a diet rich in nutrients. Having antioxidant food sources, such as berries and nuts, and dark green leafy vegetables can help promote effective detoxification. Our expert nutritionists can help you have a customised detox dietwith all essential nutrients.
- Avoid eating foods containing preservatives.
- Have plenty of water daily to keep your body hydrated.
- Do not drink alcohol.
- Quit smoking.
- Lead an active lifestyle. Do exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes daily.
- Do occasional fasting.
- Minimize stress in your daily life. Resort to relaxation techniques, such as yoga and pranayama.
So, if you are working hard for full body detox and looking for the best body cleanse for weight loss and good health, resort to genetic testing and nutrigenomics counselling for detox. Our team of talented dieticians and nutrigenomics counsellors takes pleasure in providing you with quality nutrigenomics consultation and diet for detoxification. Based on your gene report, we let you know which foods can impair your detoxification and which foods can improve your detox ability naturally and smoothly and offer you a personalized detox diet. Our customised detox diet plan also helps nourish your body with essential nutrients, manage your weight, boost your immunity, and improve your overall health. So, waste no time, get in touch with us at Health Total, get your gene test for detox done, and receive the best diet plan for detoxification to enjoy good health and avoid the risk of development of potential health issues with our personalized detox diet.
Sign up for a FREE consultation with Health Total experts to get more tips for detox or any health condition. Call toll-free at 1-800-843-0206 and book an appointment!