ADHD Diet Management Plan
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is known to be one of the most common neurodevelopmental disorders which affect the quality of life of the individual. The condition is diagnosed in childhood and it continues to adulthood often. Adults and children with ADHD are found to be overactive, experiencing trouble paying attention, and impulsive. ADHD symptoms in adults may contribute to low self-esteem, difficulty at work, and troubled relationships. ADHD in adults is often associated with a low educational level, marital status as divorced or never married, unemployment, lower age, and residency in rural areas. The crude prevalence rate of ADHD is 5.8% currently. ADHD test for adults helps diagnose the condition properly. While psychological counselling, medications, and other treatments for mental health conditions may help people with ADHD, the right diet and nutrition can also help you manage adult ADHD symptoms naturally and safely without any adverse effects. Health Total realises the crucial role of the appropriate diet and nutrition in alleviating the undesirable ADHD symptoms in adults and works to provide a customised adult ADHD treatment for ADHD in women and men. ADHD treatment with diet helps in optimizing brain function, preventing the spike in blood glucose levels that is responsible for impulsivity and hyperactivity, reducing aggression and unfriendly social behaviour, and improving cognitive function and psychological focus. So, let’s have a look at what causes, risk factors and symptoms of ADHD are and how to manage the neurodevelopmental disorder with the right diet involving adult ADHD treatment.
What Are the Causes, Risk Factors, and Symptoms of ADHD?
Causes of ADHD:
Even though the exact cause of ADHD is not yet known, certain factors are believed to lead to the development of the neurodevelopmental disorder.
- Environment:Certain environmental factors, such as lead exposure, may increase your chances of developing ADHD.
- Genetics:Medical studies indicate that genetics have a vital role in the development of ADHD, particularly if it runs in families.
- Problems During Development:Central nervous system issues during crucial stages of development may have a role in the development of this neurodevelopmental disorder.
Symptoms of ADHD:
In some ADHD affected individuals, the symptoms of ADHD decrease as they age. However, some grown-ups continue to experience major symptoms that affect their routine adversely. ADHD symptoms in adults range from mild to severe. Impulsiveness, difficulty in paying attention, and restlessness are prominent indications of ADHD in adults.
- Forgetting the social plans or meetings
- Difficulty in prioritizing or focussing
- Anger outbursts
- Mood swings
- Failing to cope with deadlines
- Trouble multi-tasking
- Poor planning
- Restlessness or hyperactivity
- Poor time management
- Hot temper
- Low frustration tolerance
- Difficulty in coping with stress
Risk Factors of ADHD:
One is at a higher risk of developing ADHD in the following conditions.
- Premature birth
- Blood relatives, such as siblings or parents, have ADHD or any other psychological disorder.
- Exposure to environmental toxins, such as lead.
- Poor nutrition
- Alcohol dependence, particularly during the pregnancy, increases the risk of the newborn developing ADHD
- Psychological disorders
Our certified nutritionists and health experts specialize in following a unique scientific approach for formulating a personalized ADHD treatment based on your specific symptoms, physical generals, underlying health condition, medical history, and other necessary factors. We consider your specific ADHD symptoms, and treatment based on it helps prevent the spike in blood sugar levels, reduces your hyperactivity and impulsivity, enhances your cognitive function, and improves your psychological focus naturally with the right diet and nutrition. Our customised ADHD treatment is powered by Ayurveda and Homeopathy such that it helps in alleviating your hyperactivity, enhancing your brain function, managing your blood sugar levels, minimizing your aggression and impulsivity, and nourishing you. Our adult ADHD treatment with homeopathy also addresses the underlying cause of the condition, boosts immunity, heals you from within, and improves your overall health.
What Are The Best Diet Plans For Treating ADHD?
Following the right healthy dietary habits can help ease ADHD symptoms in adults and improve brain function. Certain deficiencies in your diet can worsen adult ADHD symptoms. So, health experts at Health Total develop a customised ADHD treatment with a nutritious diet containing all the necessary foods that can help eliminate the deficiencies, optimize your brain function, and reduce the adult ADHD symptoms, such as a lack of focus, restlessness, and more. Eating certain inappropriate foods may aggravate ADHD symptoms in adults. So, our expert dieticians make sure that your ADHD treatment with diet does not contain foods that can be harmful to your psychological and neurological health.
We have expertise in providing an integrated treatment plan comprising Ayurvedic and homeopathic treatment along with diet for ADHD in women and men. Our customised diet for ADHD in adults comprises all essential nutrients, such as proteins, omega-3 fatty acids, B vitamins, and zinc, among others to help you receive the best adult ADHD treatment. Here’s a list of some of the best foods for improving your psychological health and overall well-being and alleviating adult ADHD symptoms.
- Foods Abundant in Proteins: Adding foods rich in proteins in adult ADHD treatmentdiet helps improve brain health and function. Proteins play an active role in the production of neurotransmitters, which are essential chemicals that your brain cells release to communicate with one another. Also, a good intake of proteins prevents the spike in your blood glucose levels, which are responsible for impulsivity and hyperactivity. So, our dieticians recommend you begin your day with a breakfast rich in proteins. Add beans, fish, nuts, eggs, soy, and low-fat dairy products to your daily diet.
- Complex Carbohydrates: Including complex carbohydrates in your ADHD treatmentwith diet can help prevent the spikes in blood glucose. These carbohydrates make you feel full for longer than usual and prevent you from snacking on sweets and other sugary foods. Also, having them in your dinner help you enjoy an improved quality of sleep. So, our certified nutritionists recommend you to eat beans, fruits, lentils, vegetables, brown rice, and whole-grain bread.
- Minerals and Vitamins Abundant Foods:Eliminating deficiencies of minerals and vitamins can help improve alertness and attention in adults with ADHD. The deficiencies of minerals and vitamins can aggravate ADHD symptoms in adults. So, we focus on diagnosing the nutritional deficiencies in ADHD adults and helping them get rid of them with customized ADHD treatment with diet. Here’s a list of minerals and vitamins that should be added to the adult ADHD treatment.
Zinc: Zinc has a crucial role in managing neurotransmitter dopamine. It also enhances the brain’s response to dopamine and makes the central nervous system stimulant called methylphenidate more effective. The deficiency of zinc is responsible for inattention. So, we recommend adding legumes, nuts, shellfish, seeds, and dairy products to your diet when treating ADHD in adults.
Iron: Low levels of iron can be the reason for severe ADHD in adults and cognitive impairment. Iron is an essential nutrient having an important role in the production of dopamine. So, our expert dieticians suggest including foods rich in iron, such as apples, dates, dark green leafy vegetables, apricots, and peas, in your diet.
Magnesium: Magnesium is an essential nutrient for the production of neurotransmitters, which have a role in improving your concentration and attention. The mineral also offers a calming effect on the brain. So, adding foods rich in magnesium, such as pumpkin seeds, cashews, peanuts, spinach, and almonds, among others, helps enhance the focus and brain health in adults with ADHD.
B Vitamins: Vitamin B6 boosts the levels of dopamine in the brain and improves alertness in ADHD individuals. Also, the intake of B vitamins reduces aggression and antisocial behaviour.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids Abundant Foods: Omega-3 fatty acids play a crucial role in nerve and brain cell functions. Adequate daily intake of omega-3 fatty acids helps minimize ADHD symptoms Certain medical studies also revealed that omega-3 fatty acids happen to break down in individuals with ADHD more readily than people without the condition. So, we recommend adding foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, such as tuna, sardines, salmon, and other fatty fish, flaxseeds, walnuts, and canola oil, to the ADHD treatment with diet.
- Ginseng and Ginkgo:Health Total also recognizes the significance of Ayurveda and herbs in alleviating ADHD symptoms. Herbs help reduce aggression, improves blood supply to the brain, and enhances alertness. Ginkgo and Ginseng are known to be cognitive activators. They improve the quality of life of adults with ADHD by making them less distractible and less impulsive.
Foods to Avoid When Managing ADHD
While you need to add certain nutritious foods to your ADHD treatment with diet, you also need to avoid certain foods to prevent ADHD symptoms from turning worse. Check out the list of foods to avoid to manage ADHD symptoms in adults.
- Sugary Foods:Eating foods containing a lot of sugar aggravate ADHD symptoms, such as restlessness, hyperactivity, and inattention. So, our expert dieticians recommend you avoid sweetened beverages and foods. Read the label for high-fructose corn sweetener, malt syrup, dehydrated cane juice, dextrose, and sucrose, and avoid foods and beverages that contain these ingredients.
- Artificial Preservatives, Flavours, and Dyes: Food additives, artificial food flavours and colourings, and preservative sodium benzoate can worsen ADHD in adultsby increasing ADHD symptoms, such as hyperactivity. So, our health experts suggest you avoid colourful cereals and foods containing dyes and artificial colours and flavours to prevent the aggravation of ADHD. Also, avoid pre-packaged and processed foods.
- Foods Causing Allergies:The intake of foods that cause allergies can worsen ADHD in adults. Gluten, soy, corn, and wheat are some foods that may trigger an allergic response in some individuals and may make ADHD patients turn hyperactive and lose focus. So, we recommend you avoid eating foods that you are allergic to.
- Caffeine:Although caffeine in small quantities can help alleviate ADHD symptoms, its side effects may outweigh the potential benefits. So, we recommend ADHD adults to drink or eat less caffeine or simply avoid it.
How Does Health Total’s ADHD Management Plan Works?
Health Total specializes in following a unique integrated approach for ADHD treatment with the right diet and nutrition, Ayurveda, and homeopathy. Our unique integrated adult ADHD treatment is easy-to-follow and works effectively in alleviating the ADHD symptoms, such as hyperactivity, impulsivity, aggression, restlessness, and inattention. Our customised adult ADHD treatment helps improve the focus, calms the brain, and enhances cognitive functions in ADHD individuals naturally without any side effects. Our four-step unique technique helps you detox, rejuvenates you, nourishes you, and helps you enjoy sustainable positive outcomes. Let’s have a look at how we offer you effective, natural, and gentle ADHD treatment.
Personalized Diet for ADHD:
Our experienced dieticians work to design a customised diet plan comprising nutritious foods that help reduce your ADHD symptoms, such as impulsivity and hyperactivity. Our health experts consider your specific symptoms, other health conditions, and nutritional needs and develop a personalized ADHD treatment to help you enjoy the best psychological benefits and overall good health.
Supplements and Herbal Therapy:
Health Total’s expert nutritionists consider your specific nutritional needs and prescribe you the necessary nutritional supplements and herbal solutions to help eliminate your nutritional deficiencies, nourish you, ease your ADHD symptoms, and improve your quality of life. Herbal therapy for ADHD helps improve the blood supply to your brain, alleviates aggression, increases alertness, and improves your overall well-being.
Homeopathy for Self-Healing:
Our certified dieticians provide you with a personalized treatment for ADHD in adults that addresses the underlying condition and promotes self-healing naturally. It helps improve your concentration, reduces hyperactivity and impulsivity, and improve your quality of life.
Regular exercise may help reduce some ADHD symptoms in the affected individuals. Walking, jumping, running, playing sports, such as tennis and racquetball, and swimming can help enhance your brainpower, reduce your confusion, improve your mood, and improve your quality of life. So, practice some exercise along with adult ADHD treatment.
Are you looking for a natural ADHD treatment for you or your loved one suffering from the condition? Get in touch with us at Health Total to receive customised treatment for ADHD in adults with the right diet, Ayurveda, and homeopathy. Our team of expert nutritionists helps reduce your ADHD symptoms, such as impulsivity, aggression, hyperactivity, and restlessness, and improves your focus and cognitive functions by including the necessary foods in your diet and eliminating unhealthy foods from the treatment plan. Our adult ADHD treatment helps you experience relief and improves your quality of life naturally. Our personalized health plans with diet, homeopathy, and Ayurveda addresses the underlying causes, eliminate nutritional deficiencies, promotes self-healing, and improves your psychological health. Additionally, our customised ADHD treatment boosts your immunity and improves your physical and psychological well-being without taking a toll on your health. So, waste no time, reach out to us at Health Total and improve your quality of life with our customised ADHD treatment.