“I want to devote my life to help people regain their health and well-being through natural means. For this, I have developed health programs which offer people an opportunity to improve their health. This gives meaning and purpose to my life.”
With a mission to promote well-being in the common man and help regain health by completely natural means, she along with her husband Saurabh Mukerjee (who is the entrepreneur and visionary behind the business and the brand of ‘Health Total’) have setup an extensive network of 60 health centers across Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru, Pune, Nasik, Indore, and has an online presence which caters to the health needs of everyone outside of Mumbai. To reach out to those people who wish to be healthy and cannot come to the centers due to a busy schedule Anjali Mukerjee Health Total also has a ‘do @ home’ health/weight loss program which can be delivered to your door step after a consult with the medical team comprising of Ayurvedic doctors, Homeopaths and nutritionists.
Anjali Mukerjee – Nutritionist, Researcher, Columnist, Author, Public Speaker, Consultant and Founder-Director of HEALTH TOTAL is one of India’s leading Nutritionist and a pioneer in creating health awareness. She along with her team of Nutritionists, Ayurvedic Doctors and Homeopaths has been able to successfully manage lifestyle problems like Obesity, Digestive Disorders, High Cholesterol, Type II Diabetes, Hypertension, Menopausal Complaints, Chronic Fatigue, Low Immunity etc. with the help of advanced Nutritional Therapy, Ayurveda, Nutritional Medicine, Herbs, Therapeutic lifestyle management, counseling and exercise. In 1984, she entered actively into clinical practice, on completion of graduation, B.Sc. (chemistry) from Jai hind college and a PG Diploma in Dietetics from the Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition. Then she did her Fellowship in Nutrition and Environmental Medicine (FINEM) from INMA (Indian Nutrition Medical Association). She has also studied Naturopathy, Alternative Medicine, Ozone Therapy and many other courses. She is also a certified Nutrigenomics Counsellor. She is currently studying Functional Medicine from Functional Medicine University (FMU), USA. With an experience in clinical practice spanning more than three decades, her research work in the field of preventive health care has helped more than 5,00,000 patients to reap the benefits of non-drug therapy.
Anjali Mukerjee has been a keen researcher and has written several case studies and review articles. Eight of her case studies have been recently published in the ‘Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research’, ‘International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences’, ‘International Journal of Life Sciences Research’, etc. and two review articles have been published in the ‘Current Research in Nutrition and Food Science’ and ‘Journal of Indian Dietetic Association’. A few more case studies are in the pipeline for publication in various scientific journals.
Anjali Mukerjee is a well-known personality and a much sought-after speaker on Women’s health, metabolic syndrome, obesity, lifestyle disease, and natural medicine.
Creating Health Awareness
Anjali Mukerjee has delivered talks to the Mumbai traffic police, to help Mumbai police force, discover the simple way to stay healthy & fit.
Anjali Mukerjee was also invited as a speaker at the “Hindustan Times Leadership Summit 2013” held in New Delhi.
Anjali Mukerjee was invited as a speaker by the ladies’ study group (A group of 500 women members – wives of industrialists in Kolkata) to deliver a talk on wellness.
Anjali Mukerjee had an interaction with the doctors during the Continuing Medical Education (CME) event at Hinduja Healthcare Surgical (Khar) on July 28, 2018. The highlight of her address was- ‘Weight Management Supports Disease Management’.
Anjali Mukerjee addressed the general public at Hinduja Healthcare Surgical (Khar) on 27 October, 2018. She spoke on ‘How to take charge of health & life’.
Anjali Mukerjee was invited as a chief guest at National college for the event ‘Prakriti 2018’. She spoke to the college students on how to correct their lifestyle.
She has tried to make a difference to the health of urban India, by conducting health awareness lectures to the Management staff of leading corporates like Tech Mahindra, BSNL, Zycus, FCB Ulka, SBI, Deutsche Bank, Birla Sun Life, HDFC, Mettler Toledo, etc. by educating them on lifestyle diseases connected with mechanized modern living and eating fast foods.
In her attempt to create health awareness she has organized several health festivals and lectures extensively at the IHC (India Habitat Centre), IMC (Indian Merchant Chamber), YEO (Young Entrepreneur Organization), HELP (Health Education Library for People), FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry), IMA (Indian Medical Association), Rotary Club, etc.
She has shared her experiences and guided budding nutritionists and students, judged and presented awards at Tejaswini & Arcane Illusions events organized by SNDT – India’s leading Women’s University. She has advised and corrected the eating patterns of young students at Shiamak Davar Institute of Performing Arts (SDIPA). She was invited by the Times of India to be a panelist for the Diabesity Summit held on 8th November 2012.
By her excellent time management and skill of getting everything organized she is also a part of a number of health, nutrition and obesity organizations like NSI (Nutrition Society of India), INMA (Indian Nutritional Medical Association), AAIRO and writes columns for several publications.
Affiliations: Hinduja Healthcare, Khar
- Affiliations: Hinduja Healthcare, Khar
- Internship at Jaslok Hospital
- 2 years Internship with Dr. Gajjiwala (Cosmetic Surgeon)
- Chief dietitian at a renowned gym
- Started an Obesity Clinic and ran it successfully in Bandra from 1989-1997
- Founder-Director of Health Total Pvt. Ltd. since 1997
- Member of NSI (Nutrition Society of India)
- Member of INMA (Indian Nutritional Medical Association)
- Member of AAIRO (All India Association for Advancing Research in Obesity)
- Member of IDA (Indian Dietetic Association)
Nutrigenomics at Health Total
Carrying forward the legacy of two-decades of exploring newer frontiers in nutritional science, Anjali Mukerjee introduced Nutrigenomics at Health Total as a tool to provide personalized nutritional therapy.
Nutrigenomics is a multidisciplinary science, which studies how food interacts with our genes and how genes determine our response to food and certain chemicals in our diet. Nutrigenomics helps us design the right diet and exercise regimens to bring about long-lasting health and wellness.
Anjali Mukerjee Health Total’s health awareness initiatives with Corporate India
As over 50% of working population spends their time at work, it figures that the workplace has a major impact on an individual’s health and longevity. Studies have shown that—
- 46%of organizational workforce in India suffers from some form of stress
- 43%employees have skewed BMI (body mass index)
- 30%have hypertension risk
- 30%have diabetes
One cannot ignore how symbiotic employee health and organizational growth are.
Due to such alarming data on the health risks associated with corporate employees, Health Total has taken up the initiative to educate and empower the corporate world about preventive healthcare and managing health risk through natural nutrition therapy and basic lifestyle modifications. Health Total has been organizing free health assessment and nutrition counselling sessions in large corporates across India and till date, our teams of corporate doctors and nutritionists have visited 400+ companies over a period of one year and positively impacted the lives of more than 30,000 individuals through health seminars and one-on-one consultations. Some of the most esteemed names that Health Total has worked with are Bajaj Electricals, Tata Sons, TATA AIA, Tech Mahindra, BSNL and LIC.
Health Total’s powerful corporate wellness initiatives have garnered positive feedback from multiple corporate HR teams. One of their many observations has been that productivity of employees who took up the Health Total Programme increased significantly as compared to before. Similarly, multiple employees have benefitted by either losing weight or seeing improvement in stress levels or health conditions such as blood pressure and PCOD. With such positive outcomes, many employees have gone on to inspire their colleagues and family members to taking up the programme as well.
Perhaps what vouches most for the effectiveness of the Health Total programme is the fact that senior management, HR Heads and organizational heads from various corporates have been approaching Health Total for collaborating with them on bespoke employee wellness programmes, as these programmes present a win-win situation for all parties—because when the employee is taken care of, organizational growth becomes a natural and happy consequence.
Media and Publications
- She regularly presents at conferences and conducts educational webinars for public and various corporates to impart education on obesity and lifestyle diseases.
- She has been frequently invited by Radio channels like Red FM, Redtro & 106FM to give her expert views on various health concerns & answer queries.
- She was chosen as celebrity expert nutritionist by Sweden National TV wherein she gave her expert opinion.
- She has been a columnist with Bombay Times (1996-2004) and has published more than 1,000 articles and is currently writing for Hindustan Times (since 2008 – for 10 years), – two of India’s top leading dailies.
- She was approached by Femina to be an “Official Nutritionist” to the Femina Miss India contestants. She consulted the contestants consecutively for 8 years. The food plans of“Miss Universe Lara Dutta, Miss World Priyanka Chopra, Miss India Gul Panag, Neha Dhupia” and many others were designed by her.
- Her book “Healing with Foods” is already on the bestseller list.
- She has been covered by ET Now (Times of India Group) on Brand Equity, CNBC TV 18 on Lifestyle Guru, Bloomberg- UTV on Life and Style and UTV-I on Lifestyle for her expert views on various health programmes and discussions.
- She has been an expert panel member for “Conversations”- An initiative by the DNA supplement “After Hours”.
- She has been invited as an expert to answer health concerns/ queries in Harmony – a magazine by Dhirubhai Ambani Group, Savvy and the Free Press Journal.
- She has even been a celebrity nutritionist on the Food Food Channel show “Health Mange More” which was hugely popular.
- She has also been writing regularly for the Tribune and several other magazines like Savvy, Harmony, Femina, New Woman, Life Positive, Griha Lakshmi, etc.
- Along with that she has written columns for Men’s health- India Today magazine, The Herald- Pune and has been also on the expert panel for “indiwo”- a CNBC TV Online initiative and her programme on Lifestyle Guru of CNBC Awaaz is highly appreciated.
- Anjali Mukerjee has contributed as a panel member to “Saves Heart”, a magazine by Intas Pharma for Doctors & other medical fraternity across India.
- She has been invited by India’s biggest retailer – Future group to be part of a panel to judge“Pantaloons Style Inc awards”.
- Mukerjee A. Management of GERD, Obesity and PCOS Leading to Successful Conception Using the ‘Integrated Approach’. International Journal of Scientific Research in Biological Sciences. 2019. 6(1): 141-144; Link: https://www.isroset.org/pdf_paper_view.php?paper_id=1102&20-IJSRBS-01642.pdf
- Mukerjee A. Management of Hyperlipidemia, Obesity and Digestive Complaints Using the Integrated Approach. International Journal of Interdisciplinary Research and Innovations. 2019. 7(1): 133-137; Link: http://www.researchpublish.com/journal/IJIRI/Issue-1-January-2019-March-2019/0
- Mukerjee A. Management of menopausal complaints, mild hypertension, acidity, low immunity, borderline cholesterol, obesity using the ‘Integrated Approach’ in a patient with history of ovarian cancer. Journal of Indian Dietetic Association. 2018. 41(1): 1-5; Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19cyA9yu3woN0YcINDvMDrZsGhbQASUCv/view
- Mukerjee A. Management of diabetes, obesity and gastric disorders using the ‘Integrated Approach’ at Health Total: A case study. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. 2018. 11(7): 1-3; Link: https://innovareacademics.in/journals/index.php/ajpcr/article/viewFile/24585/15011
- Mukerjee A. Wholegrains in the Management of Diabetes. Current Research in Nutrition and Food Science. 2018. 6(2): 354-358; Link: http://www.foodandnutritionjournal.org/volume6number2/wholegrains-in-the-management-of-diabetes/
- Mukerjee A. Integrated Approach in the Management of Acid Reflux, Hypertension and Obesity. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research. 2018. 8(12): 187-191; Link: http://www.ijhsr.org/IJHSR_Vol.8_Issue.12_Dec2018/31.pdf
- Mukerjee A. Management of Type II Morbid Obesity, Muscle Stiffness, Acidity and Constipation using an Integrated Approach. International Journal of Life Sciences Research. 2018. 6(4): 137-141; Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kJ4pTpj9l5u4rNKpPa_L5gD_eWOqjiGI/view
- Mukerjee A. Role of Integrated Approach in the Management of Asthma: A case study. International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences. 2018. 9(2): (B) 73-76; Link: https://ijpbs.net/abstract.php?article=NjM3OQ==
- Mukerjee A. Management of hypertension and obesity using the ‘Integrated Approach’ at Health Total: A case study. International Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences. 2018. 8(1): 397-400; Link: https://www.ijpbs.com/ijpbsadmin/upload/ijpbs_5aca57fb49b9b.pdf
- Mukerjee A. Cholesterol lowering effects of Psyllium husk. Journal of Indian Dietetic Association. 2017. 40(2):8-13; Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GfME3fz1b8utDqfw9D6qJtvNOzJmbsO9/view?ts=5b30b48f
Anjali Mukerjee has been honored with numerous prestigious awards:
- She received the ‘Dr. Ambedkar Ratna Award – 2016’ from the Governor and Chief Minister of Maharashtra Devendra Fadnavis.
- She received the ‘Living Legend award-2017’ at Khar gymkhana.
- She received the ‘50 Outstanding Women in Healthcare – Global Award’ by World HRD Congress 2017.
- She received ‘Best Nutritionist Award’ at the ‘Living Foodz Powerlist Awards 2016 Wellness Award’.
- She received “OUTSTANDING WOMEN LEADERSHIP ACHIEVEMENT AWARD” at World Women Leadership Congress & Awards 2016
- She received ‘The Global Women Achiever Award 2019’ in the field of Healthcare by TGWAA.
- She received the ‘Wow Mhahsa for Excellence in Healing through DIET N NUTRITION’ at the Mental Health and Alternate Healing Summit and Awards 2019.
- She received the ‘The Phoenix Power Women Awards 2018’ by Phoenix market city.
- “Asia week”- leading international magazine featured her as one of “Asia’s Leading Campaigners on Health”
- She received ‘Best Women Dietician’ of the year award at ‘6th Annual Women Leaders in India & Awards 2015’.
- She has received numerous awards like ‘Women Achievers’ awards, ‘IJM’ award, ‘Bharat Nirman’ award and ‘Pantene Shine’ award for her outstanding contribution in the field of health and nutrition.
- Anjali Mukerjee Health Total has been conferred “India’s Best Nutrition and Nutraceuticals Company of the Year 2010” by His Excellency Governor, Maharashtra State, Shri K. Sankaranarayanan and President of FDA, Maharashtra State, Shri Manohar Naik at the 3rd Annual Pharmaceutical Leadership Awards involving Indian and Global Pharma companies.
- Her company has received “India’s Most Promising and Valuable Nutritional Company in Diet and Nutritional Counseling 2014” at 7th Annual Pharmaceutical Leadership Summit Awards 2014.
- Anjali Mukerjee has been conferred as “India’s Most Promising and Valuable Diet Expert & Nutritionist 2014” at 7th Annual Pharmaceutical Leadership Summit Awards 2014.
Anjali Mukerjee in her own small way is trying to make a difference to people’s lives. She has discovered simple tools that can improve the health of many people who feel uninspired, unhealthy, and unhappy.