Get Rid of Acidity with Diet and Nutrition Naturally
Acidity, which is also known as heartburn or acid reflux, is a discomforting gastrointestinal condition affecting a large number of people worldwide. It results due to the presence of an excess of acid in the stomach. Individuals of all age groups, be it children, adults, or elderly, may suffer from it due to some or other reason. The burning pain in the chest which you experience after the consumption of food and which turns worse after lying down is the key symptom of this condition. Discomfort in the upper abdomen, belching, bitter taste, dry cough, nausea, and regurgitation are other common symptoms of acidity. If acidity is left untreated, it can end up damaging your esophagus, lead to tooth decay, and increase the risk of developing esophagus cancer. So, you need to treat the gastrointestinal condition and heal from within. While the conventional line of treatment may offer medications that offer instant relief, the discomforts may recur soon after the medicines are stopped if the underlying root cause is left untreated. At Health Total, we realise the seriousness of the condition and work on offering you gently, natural, and effective remedies with diet and nutrition, homeopathy for acidity, and Ayurveda. Our health experts strive to offer you an integrated natural treatment comprising the best diet for acidity, Ayurveda, and homeopathic remedies for acidity.
Our experienced team of nutritionists follow a unique scientific approach to develop a customised health plan comprising the right foods, Ayurveda, and the best homeopathic medicine for acidity that caters to your specific acidity complaints and health needs. Our diet and health plans help you experience tremendous relief in the acidity discomforts while meeting your nutritional needs. Our customised acidity treatments are powered by Ayurveda and Homeopathy to alleviate and eliminate your gastrointestinal discomfort, help you heal from within, enable you to experience relief, and improve your overall health and quality of life.
What Are The Best Diets For Acidity?
Acidity develops when you have an excess of acid in your stomach. Normally, the gastric glands present in your stomach form the necessary gastric acid to support the digestion of the food that you eat. However, when these gastric glands secrete more acid than required, you suffer from discomforting burning sensation in the upper part of the stomach, thereby leading to the discomforting condition known as acidity. Unhealthy eating habits such as eating spicy, junk, and oily food, skipping meals, and having meals at irregular timings are some of the most common causes of acidity. Stress, sedentary lifestyle, obesity, excessive consumption of alcohol, smoking, and long-term use of certain medications can make you suffer from acidity and digestive ailments. Fortunately, you can treat this condition naturally yet effectively by following the right diet and homeopathic remedies for acid reflux. Our team of dieticians and health experts at Health Total carry out a thorough consultation of every client, by considering acidity symptoms, physical generals, psychological aspects, the prevailing health conditions, and current medications if any, and develop a personalized treatment for acidity comprising the best suitable diet for acidity, homeopathic medicine for acidity and gas, and Ayurveda.
Our integrated therapy focuses on addressing and correcting the root cause of acidity, thereby offering you long-lasting relief safely without any side effects. Also, our homeopathic medicine for acidity does not cause any drug dependency, unlike allopathic medicines. The ultimate objective of our integrated treatment approach with homeopathy for acidity is to heal you from within, eliminate all your discomforts resulting due to acidity, promote a healthy digestion system, and improve your quality of life. Here’s a list of some of the best foods that are an integral part of some of the best diets for acidity.
Foods To Eat When Suffering From Acidity
- Fibre Abundant Foods:The intake of foods abundant in fibre are more likely to make you feel full and prevent you from overeating. So, our expert dieticians recommend a diet for acidity with fibre-rich foods that promote gastrointestinal health, aid digestion and mitigate acidity symptoms. You are less likely to experience heartburn by eating fibre abundant foods, which include:
- Root vegetables: These are the vegetables that grow below the ground. They include carrots, sweet potatoes, and beets.
- Whole grains: Brown rice and oatmeal
- Green vegetables: Green beans and broccoli
- Alkaline Foods: Foods that have low pH happen to be acidic and their consumption may make you prone to acid reflux. On the contrary, foods having higher pH are alkaline and support in offsetting the strong gastric acid. Cauliflower, watermelons, bananas, fennel, and nuts are alkaline foods that our health experts suggest as they help minimize acidity symptoms and promote digestive health.
- Watery Foods: The intake of nutritious watery foods helps in diluting and weakening the effect of an excess of gastric acid. Some healthy watery foods that our certified nutritionists recommend include cucumber, celery, lettuce, and watermelon.
Foods to Avoid When Suffering From Acidity
While you need to eat the right healthy foods to beat acidity, you need to avoid certain foods to prevent or alleviate the symptoms of acidity. Here’s a list of foods that our expert dieticians recommend to eliminate from your diet for acidity.
- Foods High in Fats: Fatty and fried foods can cause your lower esophageal sphincter to relax, thereby letting more stomach acid flow back into the esophagus. Thus, they put you at risk of developing acidity or aggravating acidity symptoms. So, avoid foods containing a high quantity of fats, such as fried onion rings, French fries, oily foods, full-fat dairy products, such as sour cream.
- Chocolate: Chocolate comprises methylxanthine, which relaxes muscles of the lower esophageal sphincter and makes you more vulnerable to acid reflux. So, we recommend avoiding it.
- Citrus Fruits and Fruits containing Acid: Even though fruits and vegetables are a crucial part of our well-balanced diet, certain fruits may worsen acidity symptoms, particularly acidic fruits. If you are experiencing acidity, while having homeopathic medicine for acidity, our health experts recommend you avoid certain fruits in your diet. Lemons, tomatoes, oranges, limes, pineapples, and grapefruits are some natural foods with high acid content. So, avoid them.
- Spicy and tangy Foods: The consumption of spicy and tangy foods, such as onions and foods containing a lot of spicy ingredients, may trigger acid reflux in some people. Avoiding them can help you have relief.
- Mint: Mint and edible products containing mint flavours can trigger the discomforting symptoms of acid reflux. So, avoid chewing gums with mint flavours.
How Does Health Total’s Health Plan For Acidity Works?
Health Total offers a unique four-step scientific approach that focuses on healing and nourishing you from within while alleviating your acidity symptoms. Detoxifying your body by eliminating toxins, rejuvenating you, nourishing your body with essential nutrients, and maintaining the positive outcomes for a sustainable period are four crucial steps that our health experts follow while healing you from acidity. Our pool of dieticians designs a customised diet for acidity comprising whole grains, fresh fruits, vegetables, oatmeal, salads with greens and whole-grain bread, brown rice, and nutritious foods that neutralize your excess of gastric acid and nourish you.
We also believe in the integrated scientific approach that comprises not only diet but also Ayurveda and homeopathic medicine for acidity. Our homeopathy for acidity focuses on identifying and correcting the root cause of acidity, offering safe and gentle treatment with no side effects, and offering long-lasting relief. Here are some simple yet effective ways our dieticians and health experts help mitigate your acidity naturally with diet and homeopathic remedies for acid reflux.
- Personalized food plan:Our certified nutritionists formulate a customised diet for acidity catering to your specific acidity symptoms, gastrointestinal health, and health needs.
- Gastrointestinal-friendly foods:Health Total’s diet chart for acidity focuses on offering foods that soothe your digestive tract and promote digestive health. Our diet plans eliminate foods that trigger your acidity.
- Supplements and Ayurvedic herbs:The inclusion of Ayurvedic herbs promote natural healing of your digestive system.
- Homeopathy for acidity: Our homeopathic treatment approach offers you the best homeopathic medicine for acidity catering to your specific symptoms. Homeopathic remedies for acid reflux promote self-healing, boost your immunity, corrects underlying conditions, and offer long-lasting relief.
- Moderate exercise:While following the right diet for acidity, it is beneficial to practice moderate exercises, such as yoga poses for acidity. This helps improve blood circulation in the digestive tract system and help it heal naturally.
Looking for a gentle, natural, and safe treatment for acidity? Health Total is the just place to count on. Our team of expert nutritionists and health experts offer you a personalized diet for acidity along with the integrated approach comprising Ayurvedic and homeopathic medicines for acidity to help you heal naturally. While treating your acidity, our health experts formulate an individualised health plan that nourishes you, addresses your others health conditions, boost your immunity, and satisfy your nutritional needs. Waste no time, get in touch with us online or over a call, and kick-start your acidity-free journey with our personalized diet treatment for acidity.