Diet Plans for Women that Work to Aid Weight Loss
With people getting health conscious day by day, weight loss is becoming a must-have for everyone & a diet is one of the popular options to achieve the same especially among the women. There are plenty of diet plans that promise to help you reduce weight loss. Some focus on cutting calorie intake, while others on carbs & fats. Finding a diet that suits your body is itself a task let alone following it. So, here enlisting the various diet plans for weight loss, women can follow to shed extra kilos. Some of the diet plans offer benefits that go beyond weight loss to improving your overall health.
*Make sure to consult your nutritionist & get an analysis of which diet suits you the best & how to work on them to achieve notable results.
Mediterranean Diet plan
In todays’ time, where processed & junk food rules our food preferences, the Mediterranean diet takes you back to the traditional eating pattern of Mediterranean countries. It focuses on adding more green produce, whole grains, legumes, nuts, and olive oils and completely cuts the processed food products. The Mediterranean diet plan involves a higher intake of plant-based food and restricted eating of meat products. The best thing about the Mediterranean diet is while it puts you on a healthy diet, it doesn’t steal away taste from your meals. Apart from helping you shed kilos, this diet also reduces the risk of having type 2 diabetes and heart diseases.
A Mediterranean Diet plan would include
- Breakfast: Greek yogurt with fresh berries, oats, and nuts/sandwich made with multi-grain bread, vegetables & low-fat cheese/pan-fried egg with multi-grain toast
- Lunch: Whole wheat pizza topped with vegetables, low-fat cheese & olives/ Chapati with a bowl of dal & potatoes sauteed in olive oil
- Evening Snack: Fresh fruits and almonds
- Dinner: Grilled vegetable kebabs with olive oil & nuts salad/
DASH diet plan
Originally designed to prevent high blood pressure, DASH Diet plans quickly became one of the most popular diet plans for women to lose weight. The DASH diet is about eating plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean meats. In a DASH diet, low sodium fruits and vegetable consumption, sugar & calorie control is the key to shed kilos.
Sample menu of a DASH diet plan for women
- Breakfast: eggs with brown bread/Low fat milk or yogurt smoothie with nuts/greek yogurt with fresh fruits & nuts/spinach paratha with yogurt
- Mid-morning: grapes/papaya/apple/banana, green tea
- Lunch: dal, brown rice with grilled chicken/chickpea gravy or mixed vegetables with chapatis & garden salad
- Evening Snack: green tea, puffed rice or nuts or fruits (plum, pear, etc.)
- Dinner: Chapati with dal, grilled chicken or paneer gravy, or mixed vegetables
Low Carb Diet Plans
Low carb diet plans are making their steady way in the weight loss arena. The diet works towards curbing carb intake while keeping up with the optimum protein & fiber content. It’s a wholesome & real meal plan that ensures weight loss without avoiding your body from essentials. While the low carb diet plan is known to aid in weight loss, it comes with added benefits like it helps improve hormone levels and reassures menstrual regularity. Remember, a low-carb diet can be restrictive in some ways and may not suit everyone. Pregnant & lactating women or others with medical conditions should refrain from practicing this diet plan.
A diet plan of a low carb diet usually involves:
- Breakfast: 1 cup black tea or black coffee, paneer or egg bhurji or omelet /a bowl poha with a handful of nuts/ 1 bowl of oatmeal with a handful of grapes
- Lunch: Bhindi/Paneer bhurji/Sauteed vegetables in butter/Baingan charts/Rajma with chapatis made in half & half of regular & jowar flour
- Dinner: green vegetable salad/stir-fried paneer with vegetables/ a bowl brown rice with stir-fried chicken or vegetables/spinach soup with sauteed button mushrooms in white butter
Ayurvedic Diet Plan:
The ayurvedic diet follows the principles outlined in the Ayurveda. This diet completely restricts the consumption of meat, refined, and processed food & focuses on leaning towards a simple lifestyle. Ayurveda encourages eating vegetarian & low-fat foods. A typical ayurvedic diet has seasonal fresh fruits, fresh produce of vegetables, honey, milk, whole grain, pulses, sprouts, nuts & seeds, and herbs. The diet being rich in fiber keeps you full for a longer time and limits unhealthy munching. The wholesome ayurvedic diet is promising in boosting metabolism & thereby helps you reduce weight. It reduces the risk of chronic diseases like cancer and diabetes as well.
Ayurvedic Weight Loss Diet somewhat looks like
- Early Morning: Juice of lemon in a glass of warm milk. Add in honey if you wish.
- Breakfast: mung bean sprouts and a cup of milk.
- Midmorning: A glass of freshly squeezed orange, pineapple, or carrot juice.
- Lunch: Raw vegetable salad, steamed or boiled vegetables, whole wheat chapati & a glass of buttermilk
- Evening Snacks: Coconut water or fresh vegetable soup, dry fruits,
- Dinner: Whole grain chapatis, steamed or boiled vegetables, seasonal fresh fruits
Each of the weight loss plans for women shown above promises to provide effective results. Make sure you select the one based on your lifestyle & food preferences that will help you stick with your weight loss goals for the longer term.