“I want to devote my life to help people regain their health and well-being through natural means. For this, I have developed health programs which offer people an opportunity to improve their health. This gives meaning and purpose to my life.”
With a mission to promote well-being among the common people and help regain health by completely natural means, she along with her husband Saurabh Mukerjee (the entrepreneur and visionary behind the business and the brand ‘Health Total’) have setup an extensive network of 60 health centres across Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru, Pune, Nasik and Indore. Further, Health Total has an online presence, which caters to the health needs of everyone outside of Mumbai. In order to reach out to those who wish to be healthy and cannot come to the centres due to a busy schedule, “Health Total Anjali Mukerjee” also has a ‘Health Total @ Home’ program, which can be delivered at your door step, after a consultation with the medical team comprising of Ayurvedic doctors, Homeopaths, and Nutritionists.
Anjali Mukerjee –Nutritionist, Researcher, Columnist, Author, and Founder Director – HEALTH TOTAL
Health Total is India’s leading Nutritionist and a pioneer in creating health awareness. Anjali Mukerjee has pioneered the natural healthcare movement in India by using ‘Food as medicine’. She is the first nutritionist in India to introduce the therapeutic use of raw vegetable juices and low glycaemic index (GI) foods, to improve treatment outcome of lifestyle diseases such as diabetes, obesity, metabolic syndrome, and heart disease.
In 1984, she entered actively into clinical practice, on completion of her graduation, B.Sc (chemistry) from Jai hind college and later she specialized in Nutrition and Dietetics from the Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition. Further on she pursued, Clinical Nutrition from American Academy of Nutrition, post which she studied Alternative Medicine and completed her M.D. (A.M.) in the same field. With an experience in clinical practice spanning more than a quarter of a century, her research work in the field of preventive health care has helped more than 5,00,000 patients to reap the benefits of our non-drug therapy.
She along with her team of Nutritionists, Ayurvedic doctors and Homeopaths has been able to successfully manage lifestyle problems like Obesity, Digestive Disorders, High Cholesterol, Type II Diabetes, Hypertension, Menopausal Complaints, Chronic Fatigue, Low Immunity etc. with the help of advanced Nutritional Therapy, Ayurveda, Nutritional Medicine, Herbs, Therapeutic lifestyle management, Counselling and mild exercise. Anjali Mukerjee is a well-known personality and a much sought after speaker on subjects such as, Women’s health, metabolic syndrome, obesity, lifestyle diseases, and natural medicine.
Creating Health Awareness:
Anjali Mukerjee has delivered talks to the Mumbai traffic police, in order to help the Mumbai police force discover the simple way to staying healthy & fit.
Anjali Mukerjee was also invited as a speaker at the “Hindustan Times Leadership Summit 2013” which was held in New Delhi.
She has tried to make a difference to the health of urban India, by conducting health awareness lectures to the Management staff of leading corporates such as, SBI, Deutsche Bank, Birla Sun Life, HDFC, Mettler Toledo, etc. by educating them on how lifestyle diseases are connected with our mechanized modern lifestyles and unhealthy eating habits.
In her attempt to create health awareness she has organized several health festivals and lectures extensively at the IHC (India Habitat Centre), IMC (Indian Merchant Chamber), YEO (Young Entrepreneur Organization), HELP (Health Education Library for People), FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry), IMA (Indian Medical Association), Rotary Club, etc.
She has shared her experiences and guided budding nutritionists and students, judged and presented awards at Tejaswini & Arcane Illusions events organized by SNDT – India’s leading women’s university. She has advised and corrected the eating patterns of young students at Shiamak Davar Institute of Performing Arts (SDIPA). She was invited by the Times of India to be a panellist for the Diabesity Summit held on 8th November 2012.
By virtue of her excellent time management and organizational skills, she is also a part of a number of health, nutrition and obesity organizations like NSI (Nutrition Society of India), INMA (Indian Nutritional Medical Association), AAIRO and writes columns for a number of publications.
- She has been a columnist with Bombay times (1996-2004) and has published more than 1,000 articles and is currently writing for Hindustan Times – two of India’s top leading dailies.
- She was approached by Femina to be an “Official Nutritionist” to the Femina Miss India contestants. She consulted the contestants consecutively for 8 years. The food plans of ‘Miss Universe’ Lara Dutta, ‘Miss World’ Priyanka Chopra, ‘Miss India’ Gul Panag, Neha Dhupia and many others, who were designed by her.
- Her book ‘Healing with Foods’ is already on the bestseller list.
- She has been covered by ET Now (Times of India Group) on Brand Equity, CNBC TV 18 on Lifestyle Guru, Bloomberg- UTV on Life and Style and UTV-I on Lifestyle for her expert views on various health programmes and discussions.
- She has been an expert panel member for “Conversations”- An initiative by the DNA supplement “After Hours”.
- She has been invited as an expert to answer health concerns/ queries in Harmony– a magazine by Dhirubhai Ambani Group, Savvy and the Free Press Journal.
- She has even been a celebrity nutritionist on the ‘Food Food’ TV show “Health Mange More”, which was extremely popular.
- She has also been writing regularly for the Tribune and several other magazines such as, Savvy, Harmony, Femina, New Woman, Life Positive, Griha Lakshmi, etc.
- Along with that she has written columns for ‘Men’s health- India Today’ magazine, ‘The Herald- Pune’ and has been also on the expert panel for ‘Indiwo’- a CNBC TV Online initiative and her programme on Lifestyle Guru of CNBC ‘Awaaz’ is highly appreciated.
- Anjali Mukerjee has contributed as a panel member to “Saves Heart”, a magazine by Intas Pharma for Doctors & other medical fraternity across India.
- She has been invited by India’s biggest retailer – Future group to be part of a panel to judge ‘Pantaloons Style Inc awards’.
Anjali Mukerjee has been honoured with numerous prestigious awards:
- “Asia week”- leading international magazine featured her as one of “Asia’s Leading Campaigners or Health”.
- Anjali Mukerjee has been conferred as “India’s Most Promising and Valuable Diet Expert & Nutritionist 2014” at 7th Annual Pharmaceutical Leadership Summit Awards 2014.
- Her company has received “India’s Most Promising and Valuable Nutritional Company in Diet and Nutritional Counselling 2014” at 7th Annual Pharmaceutical Leadership Summit Awards 2014.
- Anjali Mukerjee Health Total has been conferred ‘India’s Best Nutrition and Neutraceuticals Company of the Year 2010’ by His Excellency Governor, Maharashtra State, Shri K. Sankaranarayanan and President of FDA, Maharashtra State, Shri Manohar Naik at the 3rd Annual Pharmaceutical Leadership Awards involving Indian and Global Pharma companies.
- She has received numerous awards like ‘Women Achievers’ awards, ‘IJM’ award, ‘Bharat Nirman’ award and ‘Pantene Shine’ award for her outstanding contribution in the field of health and nutrition.
Anjali Mukerjee in her own way is trying to make a difference to people’s lives. She has discovered simple tools that can improve the health of people who feel uninspired, unhealthy, and unhappy.