Shop, Cook & Eat Healthy Without Burning a Hole in Your Pocket!
Cooking for guests usually evokes a sense of pride and accomplishment. But when you are cooking healthy for yourself, it can feel more like a chore. To top it all, a busy lifestyle can make it difficult to plan and cook healthy meals.
Whether you’re overworked or just overstressed, time is precious. So, if you’re making a lifestyle change, it can seem overwhelming to include new habits such as eating healthy in your packed days. With HealthTotal@Home program, it’s easy to plan and prepare your meals because our experts provide you a comprehensive list of do’s and don’ts.
HealthTotal@Home experts ensure that eating healthy is not a time-consuming or an expensive affair for you. With a little planning, you can find the time to cook nutritious meal at your home for yourself and your family!
Here are some tips from our experts that will help you pick up healthy ingredients – nothing exotic – from your local store and cook in minutes!
- Buy extra of long lasting vegetables such as potatoes, carrots and onions, which can form the basis of soups or stocks. Try these slimming soups if you want to lose weight.
- Keep a selection of other long-life carbohydrates such as rice (brown) and whole wheat breads
- Keep handy in your kitchen foods and spices such as garlic paste, ginger paste, crushed chillies and tamarind paste, which enhance the flavour of many dishes.
- If you’re making healthy meals for one person and do not have time to use fresh vegetables, use tinned tomatoes, tomato paste, tinned corn and other vegetables (look for ‘no added salt’ varieties) for pasta sauces, soups or gravies. Ideally fresh is better than canned. But canned is better than eating nothing at all.
- Stock chicken, fish and a variety of nuts in the freezer
- Smoothies are usually single servings and they’re great for breakfast or evening snack. Here are some healthy smoothies that can be prepared in less than 10 minutes!
- Keep dals in store room
The bottom line is to be smart when it comes to planning your meals. If you’re looking for a personalised diet plan which can be followed without visiting our centres, speak to HealthTotal@Home experts on 1800 266 8232. Book an appointment for your first FREE consultation.