Green tea is a great beverage which aids weight loss and helps improve overall health. But what makes green tea so different from black tea or your regular chai?
Well, both green and black tea are both produced from the same plant. However, the difference arises in how they are processed after being plucked. Green tea retains around 10 times the catechins compared to black tea. These catechins are responsible for all the health benefits that green tea provides.
Health Benefits of Green Tea
Green tea is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients which are essential for the healthy functioning of our body. This tea aids weight loss and also protects us from a number of health risks as well. The top 4 health benefits of green tea are as follows:
- Weight Management
- Green tea is a zero calorie drink. It is also a lighter beverage choice compared to your sweetened chai, coffee, or juices.
- Heart Health
- Green tea is good for your blood circulation. It can help keep the blood vessels healthy and relaxed thanks to the flavonoids found in it.
- Green tea helps keeps your body hydrated and your mind fresh.
- It rejuvenates your mind and body thanks to a component called L-Theanine that is found only in tea.
The Right Way To Make Green Tea:
Now to enjoy the above mentioned health benefits of green tea you must drink it regularly and not discontinue after one or two months. Also, anything between 1-4 glasses of unsweetened green daily, coupled with a healthy and active lifestyle can help you lose weight and improve your overall health.
How To Prepare:
- Place the green tea bag in a cup
- Add hot water to fill the cup
- Dip the tea bag a couple of times
- Leave for about 2 minutes (If left for longer it could turn bitter)
- Remove the tea bag & drink warm
So switch from your everyday chai or coffee to green tea and experience the difference!