How to get a glowing skin? How to have a flawless skin? These are some frequently-asked questions to skin specialists and dermatologists. But how many times have you received a satisfying answer? How many times have their medicine or treatment helped you regain a clear and glowing skin?
We all dream of a glowing skin. After all, who likes pimples, zits, dark spots, baggy eyes and dark circles? Look around. You may be surrounded by things that may help you attain a glowing skin. One of the most effective way to get a clear skin is trying home remedies. You don’t have to invest in expensive skin care and beauty products, as the foods that will give you a glowing skin are available in your kitchen itself!
Types of skin
Everyone has a different skin type and different problems associated with it. For instance, if you have a dry skin, it can get itchy at times and you have to stay hydrated to keep that glow intact. Then comes oily skin, which is more prone to acne. There are some who have a combination of both dry and oily skin. Finally, there are a few you have normal skin, but they too have to take care of their skin by regular toning and cleansing.
Home remedies for a glowing skin in 10 days for brides
Sugar and tea
Green tea is not only good for the body, but for the skin as well. Whereas sugar helps to exfoliate your skin and cream lightens the skin tone. So, apply a face pack of sugar and green tea and get a smooth and fair skin. In a half cup of green tea, add two tablespoons of sugar and the same amount of cream. Mix them well and gently massage on your face for five minutes. Leave it for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water.
Honey and lime water
Lemon contains citrus acid that helps keep the skin clear by removing dead cells. You can either directly apply the fresh lime juice on your face and neck or you can add raw honey to it. Leave it for 20 minutes and then rinse it off. You can also add sugar to it. Try it for a week and enjoy a glowing skin.
This Indian spice has excellent skin-glowing properties and many health benefits. In fact, many women use it on the cuts they get while doing household chores. Turmeric is also applied on to-be brides for a glow on their wedding day. Mix turmeric powder with gram flour and add milk or water to form a paste. Apply this on your face and neck and leave it for 15 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water. Do this twice a week for a glowing skin.
Soak 4-5 almonds in water overnight. Remove their skin in the morning and grind them to a fine paste. Add 1 teaspoon gram flour, 1 tsp milk and 4 drops of lemon juice. Mix well and massage your skin with this paste for about 5 minutes to get a long-lasting fair and neat skin complexion.
Aloe vera and eggs
Take the pulp of aloe vera and mix one to two teaspoon powder milk and one egg white. Beat it well, then apply to your face by a brush and when it becomes dry do another coat of it and do it repeatedly for a one-and-a-half hour. Then wash off. The antibacterial properties in aloe vera help kill the bacteria that cause acne and help soothe irritated skin. Click here to know the common culprits that cause acne.
Take mashed papaya and massage it on your face for 5 minutes. Then wash your face first with milk and then water. You get a much softer skin in minutes.
Orange juice, honey & rose water
Make a paste of 2 tablespoons orange juice, 2 teaspoon honey and 2 teaspoons rose water. Apply the paste over your face and neck and wipe off the mask after 15 minutes with a moist towel. Wash off with fresh water. This mask is best suited for oily skin.
Grate the cucumber and add yogurt to it. Beat it properly, then apply it on your face and neck. Leave it for 5 minutes until it dries off. Wash it off with cold water. Apply this face pack once in every three to four days.
Home remedies for a glowing skin for an oily skin
If you have an oily skin, try these home remedies to get rid of the excess shine. To-be brides must also give these face packs a try for a glowing and smooth skin on their wedding day.
- Wash your face with hot water as it dissolves oil more effectively than cool water
- Clay masks or mud masks reduce greasiness and help tone your skin and bring out the impurities
- Even if you have an oily skin, drink at least 8 glasses of water every day. This removes dead skin cells and improve your overall health
- Don’t take too much stress as it not only affects your life but also your skin. Stress can make your skin look darker and stress reduction can lower your chances of getting acne, wrinkles and pigmentation. Wrinkles are also a result of aging. Know more about other causes of wrinkles
- Do you know that exercising cleanses your skin naturally? It is true that many exercises improve your skin surface. For example, swimming, jogging, cycling, walking and yoga are good for the skin as well
- Eating healthy foods will improve your skin, hair and overall health. Reason: foods supply nutrients to enhance body, stimulate cell production and repair some skin problems like oiliness
- Egg whites are perfect home remedies for glowing skin, especially if you have greasy skin. This ingredient is good in vitamin A and it can dry your blemishes as well as tighten and heal your oily skin
- Yogurt contains lactic acid which is same as protein in milk that can absorb oil and exfoliate your skin, particularly when you have an oily skin
- Tomatoes contain astringent and cooling properties that are very useful for healthy oily skin
- Apples have malic acid that helps remove dead skin cells and absorb oil from the skin
- Milk includes Alpha hydroxyl acids that can balance pH level and exfoliate oily skin perfectly
Tips for a glowing skin
For that perfect glow, it is important to clean your skin regularly. Cleansing removes the dirt that has settled on the skin. You can use a good face wash or cleanser for cleaning. There are also various home remedies for cleaning the face to obtain a glowing skin. You can use cold water or rose water to do so. Simply dip a cotton ball in rose water or cold water and clean your face and neck. This is one of the most effective home remedies for glowing skin and one of the best skin care tips.
It is important to open up the pores so that your skin can breathe. This makes way for proper nourishment. One of the best home remedies for opening up your pores to get a glowing skin is to soak a clean towel in lukewarm water and apply it on your face. Keep the towel on your face for 3-5 minutes and repeat the procedure at least four times. This will help open your pores to nourishment. This is known to be one of the most effective skin care tips.
Face packs for a glowing skin
Brides-to-be, this is especially for you. Ahead of your special day, you can try a number of home-made face packs to get a glowing skin. These face masks can be prepared easily using ingredients in your house. They are effective and safe to try.
- Use honey to exfoliate your skin and get a healthy glow
- Mix a teaspoon of lemon juice with 50 ml tomato juice and prepare an amazing face pack
- Rub papaya pieces on your face for 15 minutes to get a golden glow
- Prepare a scrub using two tablespoons of orange juice and one tablespoon of turmeric powder. Leave it on your face for 15-20 minutes then wash it and feel the difference.
- Take four tablespoons of turmeric powder and add a half tablespoon of powdered camphor, ten crushed mint leaves, and rose water to prepare a paste. It helps increase blood circulation giving you a lovely glow.
- Prepare a pack of gram flour by adding turmeric, lemon drops, and milk cream to it. This pack helps your skin glow naturally.
- You can also get rid of blemishes by using a potato. Peel the skin of the potato and grind it with rose water to prepare a paste. Apply this paste for 15 minutes to get rid of scars and marks.
- Apply a paste of oatmeal & aloe vera gel for 10-15 minutes to get clear skin.
To get glowing skin it also advisable to drink aloe vera and wheat grass juices as they are good for the skin. So, try these simple home remedies and get a glowing skin naturally. Also, try to improve your daily routine, eat a healthy diet and stay stress-free. You can also call on our toll-free number 18002660607 and book an appointment with our experts for a personalised detox and skin improvement plan.
For a customised Bridal Diet Plan, book an appointment for a FREE consultation