Integrated Approach For Diabetes Management With Homeopathy And Best Diet Plans
Are you experiencing high blood glucose levels? Do you wish to keep your sugar levels in check and the health hazards of diabetes at bay by following natural ways? If yes, healthy diet plans and homeopathy can help you. Diabetes is a chronic health condition which calls for regulating blood sugar levels to maintain good health. It affects how your body converts food into energy. Type 2 diabetes is the most common type of diabetes that affects a majority of people with this condition. In it, your body fails to utilize insulin properly to keep your blood glucose levels in normal ranges. Fortunately, customised diet plans for diabetic patients and homeopathy can help you manage your sugar levels naturally and avoid health complications. Adding certain foods to your regular diet and avoiding certain unhealthy options can help. The guidance of certified dieticians can prove beneficial. So, let’s have a look at diabetes treatment with diet.
Best Diet Plans for Managing Diabetes:
Protein Food Sources To Eat when Managing Diabetes:
While there are plenty of protein abundant foods, when dealing with diabetes, you should eat protein sources that are listed below.
- Proteins from plant-based food sources. For instance, nuts, seeds, and beans
- Low-fat dairy
- Chicken and poultry (low fat)
- Seafood and fish
If you are not a vegan or vegetarian, try to include plant-based proteins in your diet for diabetes type 2 as it helps you have essential nutrients and fibre which you don’t receive from animal-based food products. If you are consuming meat, ensure you keep it low in fat.
Protein Food Sources to Avoid When Managing Diabetes
Here are some protein abundant foods that you should avoid when managing your blood sugar levels.
- Fried meats
- Deep-fried fish
- High-fat meat
- Poultry with skin
- Regular cheeses
- Deep-fried tofu
Starch Food Sources to Eat When Managing Diabetes:
We all need carbohydrates. However, diabetic patients should choose the right foods for carbohydrates. Here are some carbohydrate sources that you can have in your diet plan for diabetes.
- Whole grains, such as quinoa, brown rice, millet, and oatmeal
- Food items made from whole grains containing no or a very less quantity of sugar
Starch Food Sources to Avoid When Managing Diabetes:
We casually eat various foods without even thinking about how much carbohydrates we consume when we eat them. So, you need to restrict your carbohydrate intake by avoiding certain foods when managing diabetes. Here are some carbohydrate sources to avoid for maintaining healthy blood sugar levels.
- Cereals with plenty of sugar and less quantity of whole grains
- French fries
- White bread
- Processed grains
- Fried white-flour food items
Fruits to Eat When Following Diabetes Treatment with Diet:
While fruits are highly nutritious, low in fat, and rich in fibre, you need to choose them wisely when you are following the diet for diabetes type 2. Here are fruits that you can eat while dealing with diabetes.
- Fresh fruits
- Fruits which are canned without any added sugar or plain frozen fruits
- If you are eating applesauce, go for the one which has no added sugar.
Fruits and Related Products to Avoid when Managing Diabetes:
To keep your sugar in check, you should avoid eating certain fruits and fruity food items. Find below the fruits related foods to avoid when dealing with diabetes.
- Canned fruits comprising heavy sugar syrup
- Regular jelly, preserves, and jam
- Fruit juice drinks and fruit punch
- Sweetened applesauce
- Chewy fruit rolls
Vegetables to Eat When Managing Blood Sugar:
Vegetables offer you lots of fibre and vitamins, however, you should choose them wisely when following a diabetes treatment with diet. Here are some healthy vegetables that you can eat.
- Fresh vegetables, which you can steam lightly, grill, roast, or eat raw.
- Leafy greens.
- Unsalted or low-sodium canned vegetables
- Multi-colour vegetables, such as leafy greens, red pepper, carrots, eggplants, and white onions.
Vegetables to Avoid When Dealing with Diabetes:
While you can have most of the vegetables, you should avoid unhealthy choices when following a diet plan for diabetes. Here are some types of vegetables and foods made from vegetable sources that you should stay away from.
- Vegetables that are cooked by adding a lot of sauce, butter, and cheese
- Canned vegetables containing plenty of added sodium
- Vegetable pickles may contain a lot of sodium. See to it that you eat pickles with low sodium.
Dairy Products to Eat When Managing Diabetes:
It is always beneficial to have dairy products that are low in fat when following diabetes treatment with diet. You can have low-fat dairy products in small portions. Here are some dairy products that you can go for.
- Low-fat yoghurt
- 1% of skim milk
- Low-fat cottage cheese
- Non-fat or low-fat sour cream
Dairy Products to Avoid When Keeping your Blood Sugar in Check:
You should avoid dairy which is high in fats and sugar. Here are some dairy products that you should avoid when following a diet plan for diabetes.
- Regular yoghurt
- Regular ice cream and cottage cheese
- Whole milk
- Regular sour cream
- Oils and Fats:
Oils and Fats to Choose When Managing Blood Sugar:
The intake of oils and fats can cause tremendous weight gain, so you need to regulate their intake. Here are some healthy choices you can make while following diabetes treatment with diet.
- Plant-based oils, such as olive oil, canola, and grapeseed oil.
- Nuts, seeds, and avocadoes (in small portions as they have a high-calorie content)
- Omega-3 fatty acids foods, such as tuna and salmon.
Oils and Fats to Avoid When Managing Diabetes:
Here are oils and fats that you should refrain from adding to your diet plan for diabetes.
- Foods containing trans fat are bad for your health. So, read the labels before you buy the foods. If any food is mentioned to be partially hydrogenated, avoid it even if it says zero grams of trans fat.
- Avoid large portions of foods containing saturated fats. Although these unhealthy fats are present in the foods derived from animal-based products, you may also find them in palm oil and coconut oil. So, avoid eating an excess of foods that contain saturated fats when on the diet for diabetes type 2.
Fluids to Have When Managing Blood Glucose Levels:
While you choose to have healthy or your favourite fluids, you should choose them wisely when trying to keep your blood glucose levels in check. Beverages and other fluids may provide you with greater quantities of sugar, fat, calories, and salt. So, prefer to have these fluids when following a diet plan for diabetes.
- Coffee with added low-fat milk. You can also have a healthy sugar substitute in your coffee.
- Unflavoured water
- Unsweetened tea without or with a slice of lemon
- Flavoured sparkling water
Fluids to Avoid When Managing Diabetes:
You should avoid beverages and fluids that can result in a spike in your blood sugar levels. Here are some fluids to avoid when following diabetes treatment with diet.
- Sweetened tea
- Energy drinks
- Regular sodas
- Fruity mixed drinks, beer, and dessert wines
- Chocolate drinks and flavoured coffees
- Coffee with cream and sugar
How Homeopathy Can Help Treat Diabetes Naturally?
Homeopathy is well-known for being an effective system of alternative medicine. It treats the person as a whole and not just the disease condition. Homeopathy can treat a range of ailments, and diabetes is no exception. Homeopathic diabetes treatment follows a holistic approach and offers you medicines prepared from natural sources that help you heal from within. As the medicines are derived from natural sources, they are safe and do not cause any side effects. An integrated treatment comprising diabetes treatment with diet and homeopathy can help you manage blood sugar levels naturally, effectively, and safely without any adverse effects. Such integrated treatment also strengthens your immune system and improves your overall health.
A homeopathic doctor considers not just your blood sugar levels and physical symptoms of diabetes but also your psychological generals, family’s medical history, other health issues if any, and other necessary factors to determine the best homeopathic medicine to treat your diabetic condition. Homeopathic diabetes treatment not only helps manage your blood glucose levels but also addresses the root cause of your condition, boosts your immunity, manages your weight, and improves your overall health. Here are some effective medicines that can help you have an effective homeopathic diabetes treatment.
- Gymnema Sylvestre: This homeopathic medicine is a plant-based solution for managing blood sugar. It helps reduce the sugar levels in the urine and blood of patients with type 2 diabetes.
- Conium: If you are a diabetic patient experiencing numbness in the hands or feet, Conium may help. This plant-based homeopathic diabetes treatment is effective in treating patients suffering from nerve damage or diabetic neuropathy.
- Phosphoric Acid: This homeopathic medicine is quite effective in treating diabetes patients who suffer from frequent urination.
- Calendula: This medicine can be part of homeopathic diabetes treatment to treat infected skin ulcers of diabetes patients.
If you are suffering from diabetes and wish to keep your blood sugar levels in normal ranges naturally, opt for homeopathy and a diet plan for diabetic patients. The integrated homeopathic diabetes treatment and customised diet plan received from health experts, such as healthcare professionals at Health Total, can help you not only to manage your blood sugar but also to treat the underlying condition if any, improve your immunity, manage your weight, and enjoy overall good health. So, think no further, reach out to us online or over a call on 1-800-843-0206 and keep your diabetes in check with our personalized diabetes treatment with diet.