How to deal with the post Diwali bulge
If you are reading this article with interest, chances are that you have indulged in this festive season and added a couple of tyres around your waist. You probably intended to observe the principles of good nutrition during this festive season, but some how your intention failed you; simply because you gave in two temptation or because you honestly couldn’t find anything to eat that wasn’t loaded with sugar or fat! Most festivities are celebrated with a non-stop supply of highly fattening food, and you end up gaining a bulge even before you know it, and even if you would have been extremely careful with your diet. At this point if you are feeling miserable and bloated don’t be! The most important thing is don’t despair. Festivities are what make life fun and fun is an important aspect of health. Occasional indulgences will not make you fat as long as they are truly occasional. The weight will not stick to you if you, quickly do a ‘detox food plan’ to help you get rid of the toxic excesses. Such a plan is available at all our centres.
Here are some tips to deal with the post Diwali bulge
- Follow a raw food diet for 2 days. Omit sugar completely& limit salt intake.
- Later on eat a diet, which includes cooked vegetables, fruits, whole grains & pulses.
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water with a dash of lime in it. Water is one of the best detoxifying agent.
- Consume sufficient fibre to keep your body cleansed & light.
- Eat your dinner by 7 p.m., don’t eat anything after that till you wake up.
- Support your body with helpful nutrients like chromium & the amino acid, L-Glutamine. L-Glutamine helps prevent sugar craving and is beneficial to those who have a sweet tooth.
Above all don’t beat yourself up emotionally over a few unwanted kilos. Following these tips may help you take care of them.
Dr. Anjali Mukerjee is the Founder Director of Health Total,
Nutritionist, Columnist, Author, Researcher, Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner-
with centers in MUMBAI, DELHI, BANGALORE, PUNE.
You may direct your questions to email@example.com
For further information, Visit www.health-total.com
Contact number: +91 86575 61727