Following factors can cause Asthma:
- One of the major causes of Asthma is the inherited tendency of a person to develop various allergies. This tendency is often referred to as atopy.
- If your parents suffer from Asthma.
- If you developed a few types of respiratory infections during your childhood.
- If you were in contact with some airborne allergens or were exposed to certain viral infections during your early childhood when your immune system was developing.
- If you have a family history of Asthma and are exposed to irritants such as tobacco smoke, your airways may become more reactive to various substances in the air.
One must note that certain factors are more likely to cause asthma in certain individuals compared with others.