When the sebaceous glands in the skin produce excess sebum, it results in the accumulation of oil, thus making the skin oily. Oily skin can lead to other skin issues such as acne, skin irritation and blackheads. Try these easy home remedies to get rid of your oily skin permanently.
Egg white + lime juice
Lime juice lightens skin while egg whites soak up excess oil and tighten skin pores.
- Whisk together the white of an egg and 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- Apply on your face and allow it to dry
- Rinse it off with warm water
It contains lactic acid which helps exfoliate skin and absorbs excess oil.
- Apply 3-4 tablespoons of yogurt on your face
- Leave on for 15 minutes then rinse off
- Repeat daily for best results
These have a cooling effect and help clear skin while absorbing excess oil.
- Cut a medium-sized tomato in half
- Rub on your skin for 10-15 minutes
- Rinse with cold water
Almond + honey scrub
Almonds help exfoliate skin and remove dead skin cells while honey gives the skin a glow while absorbing excess oil out of it.
- In a blender grind 3-4 almonds to make a powder
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey to the almond powder
- Make a paste and apply onto your face
- Leave it for 15 minutes then rinse off