Causes of Dandruff
Dandruff can occur due to many causes. Here are some of the most common causes:
- Dry skin:Dry skin is one of the biggest and most common causes of dandruff formation.
- Seborrheic dermatitis: This could be another major cause for dandruff formation.
- Not cleaning:Scrubbing your often enough or not cleaning it all
- Shampooing your hair much too often:This can also cause dandruff formation
- Hair and skin infections:Various infections such as psoriasis and eczema can also lead to dandruff formation
- Sensitivity to hair care products:If are sensitive to hair care products, it could lead to dandruff formation.
- Skin oil:Over secretion of skin oil, also known as sebum, can lead to dandruff formation.
- Metabolic by-products of skin microorganisms:These, especially malassezia yeasts, play a big role in dandruff formation.
- Allergy sensitivity:The extent to which you are sensitive to allergies and susceptible to various infections determines dandruff formation on your scalp.
- Winter Season: It is often seen that most people suffer from severe dandruff issues specially during winter. In most of the cases, it is also seen, that people who do not have dandruff issues, also get affected with mild issues of dandruff.