Are you affected with Dandruff? Read the reasons.
Dandruff refers to dry, white flakes of skin that you brush off your collar or shoulders. It is nothing but the shedding of dead skin cells from your scalp. Although it is harmless in nature, dandruff can be embarrassing and irritatingly itchy. It usually starts during young adulthood and continues through middle age. This doesn’t mean that older adults don’t get dandruff. But for some people, this problem can continue for lifelong. The reason for dandruff might vary from person to person. From fungal formation, dry skin, harsh products, seasonal changes and personal hygiene issues, the reasons could be varied.
- If you have achieved the age of puberty belonging to any gender or ethnicity, you are vulnerable to dandruff formation.
- If you have malassezia, a popular dandruff forming fungus, living on your scalp, you are vulnerable to dandruff formation.
- If you are in your teens or early twenties, chances of dandruff formation are higher. However, dandruff tends to reduce as you grow.
- If you have a highly sensitive scalp which can get severe with the use of harsh, chemical-based products.
- If you get diagnosed with neurological disease, chances are you might get affected with dandruff.
- It is a very common observation that as compared to females, men are more prone to dandruff.