Who are at Risk in Menstrual Problems?
There might not be any recognizable cause of your painful menstrual periods. However, there are certain factors which can put a woman at an increased risk for suffering from painful menstrual periods. The risk factors are as follows:
- Women who are have not yet attained 20 years of age.
- Women who have a family history of painful periods or menstrual problems.
- Women who indulge in substance abuse, such as alcohol, smoking and drug use.
- Women who regularly suffer from irregular periods.
- Women who constantly take oral contraceptive pills.
- Women who are under heavy and frequent medications.
- Women who suffer from infertility problems.
- Women who have scanty periods.
- Women who have very less or very heavy flow during their menstruation periods.
- Women who constantly consume an unhealthy diet of junk and fried foods.
- Women who have never given birth to a child.
- Women who have experienced an early puberty, that is puberty before the age of eleven.
- Women with higher levels of prostaglandins, a hormone-like substance, may cause them to experience severe menstrual cramping and pain.
Menstrual problems are a serious, persistent, as well as a painful health disorder. It can be caused due to a number of reasons, such as genetics, lifestyle, unhealthy diet habits etc. If ignored, and not treated properly at the right time, it can lead to severe health issues for an individual, later on in their life. Therefore, if you experience any of these problems, it is best to seek medical help at the earliest.
ANJALI MUKERJEE, Nutritionist, Founder Director-Health Total, having health centers in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Pune -manages obesity & other health related disorders.
Contact numbers: 9650684061/+91 86575 61727
For further information, Visit www.health-total.com