Symptoms of PMS
PMS often includes both physical and emotional symptoms, such as:
• Swollen or tender breasts.
• Feeling tired.
• Trouble sleeping.
• Upset stomach, bloating, constipation, or diarrhea.
• Headache or backache.
• Appetite changes or food cravings.
• Joint or muscle pain.
• Trouble with concentration or memory.
• Tension, irritability, mood swings, or crying spells.
• Anxiety or depression.
• Symptoms vary from woman to woman.
Symptoms of menstrual cramps include:
Menstrual cramps, also known as dysmenorrhea are painful sensations felt in the lower abdomen that can occur both before and during a woman’s menstrual period. The pain ranges from dull and annoying to severe and extreme. Menstrual cramps tend to begin after an egg is released from the ovaries and travels down the fallopian tube (ovulation).
There are two primary types of these difficult or painful periods – primary and secondary dysmenorrhea:
• Primary dysmenorrhea is the most common type and is characterized by pain in the lower abdomen and lower back pain beginning 1-2 days before the period and lasting from 2-4 days. There is no underlying problem that is causing the pain
• Secondary dysmenorrhea is characterized by cramping pains that are due to an identifiable medical problem such as endometriosis, uterine fibroids, or pelvic inflammatory disease.
• Throbbing pain in the lower abdomen that may be intense
• Dull, continuous ache
• Pain that radiates to your lower back and thighs
• Loose stools
The Health Total approach
Menstrual disorders are a serious health issue, caused mainly due to hormonal imbalances in the body. Our approach helps stabilize and regulate your menses cycle, by stimulating pituitary glands to release the right hormones, in the right amount, through a few effective lifestyle changes and a personalised nutritional diet.
ANJALI MUKERJEE, Nutritionist, Founder Director-Health Total, having health centers in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Pune -manages obesity & other health related disorders.
Contact numbers: 1-800-843-0206/+91 86575 61727
For further information, Visit www.health-total.com