Treatment for PCOD/PCOS
Treatment for PCOD/PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) can include a range of things, but the most important lifestyle modifications that help are eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly and quitting smoking. Also, it is important to seek the best quality healthcare as soon as PCOS is diagnosed.
Conventional medicine can only give symptomatic relief, but not provide long-lasting health benefits. Health Total’s PCOS diet plan, on the other hand, uses natural nutritional therapy, Ayurvedic herbs and therapeutic lifestyle management to manage PCOS symptoms.
Health Total diets give nutritionally adequate meals, which is one of the best ways to treat PCOS naturally and successfully.
Here are some reasons how Health Total PCOS plan makes your life easy-
- We offer easy-to-follow tailor-made diet plans
- No crash dieting, no starving!
- Clinically-proven weight loss results
- Improved disease outcomes
- Added skin & beauty benefits
Moreover, our health experts will work closely with you to help you achieve your health goals throughout the programme. Sign up for a FREE CONSULTATION and regain your health!
PCOS/PCOD can be managed with certain lifestyle changes as well as with medical therapies. However, at Heath Total we use ‘food as medicine,’ as good nutrition has a powerful impact on a person’s health.
The treatment for PCOD varies from woman to woman, depending on the specific symptoms. Here are some of the common ways to treat PCOS symptoms-
- A healthy diet and moderate exercise is recommended to all women with PCOS, especially those who are overweight. This can help regulate the menstrual cycle and lower blood glucose levels.
- Women who are not planning to conceive may be prescribed birth control pills. These pills can help treat acne, regulate the menstrual cycle and lower levels of male hormones, like testosterone, in the body. If a woman is suffering from infertility, fertility drugs may be administered to aid ovulation.
- If a woman is overweight, the doctor may recommend weight loss through a low-calorie diet combined with moderate exercise. In fact, losing 5% of body weight can help improve PCOD condition. Weight loss treatment for PCOS can also increase the effectiveness of medications the doctor recommends for PCOS.
- Anti-androgens are drugs that reduce male hormone levels, help stop abnormal or excess hair growth and reduce acne. For those women who are suffering from diabetes, diabetes medications may also be prescribed to lower blood glucose levels and testosterone levels.
- Lastly, surgery may be recommended to some women. Ovarian drilling is a procedure used by doctors, but it is a short-term solution that can promote ovulation and reduce male hormone levels.
Homeopathic Treatment for PCOD/PCOS
Homeopathic treatment is positively recommended for the management of PCOS. Health Total combines the power of Ayurveda and Homeopathy for women suffering from PCOS.
There is no medication as such to cure PCOD completely, but you can avoid the discomforts of the disease by maintaining a healthy lifestyle, following the right diet and staying away from stress. Keep PCOD at bay by simply coming to Health Total! Call on our toll-free number 18002660607 and book an appointment with our health experts today!