Molluscum Contagiosum is a skin disease that results in small (under 1/4th inch in diameter), raised pink lesions with a dimple in the centre. Also known as water warts, the condition spreads through contact with an infected person. Though painless, molluscum contagiosum might itch and scratching the bumps can spread the infection to surrounding areas of the skin.
- Direct skin-to-skin contact
- Contact with contaminated towels
- Sexual contact with an affected partner
- They raised, round and of one’s skin colour
- Can become red and itchy
- Usually appear on face, neck, armpits and top of the hands of the children