Dry lips are constantly chapped and sore. They keep peeling off and crack easily. Contributing factors majorly include weather, dehydration and smoking. This can lead to a painful condition if left untreated. Here are 4 simple home remedies to best treat dry lips.
Sugar + honey
Sugar exfoliates dead skin cells and honey will make your lips soft and moist.
- Mix together 2 teaspoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of honey
- Mix to make a paste, then rub onto the lips
- Leave on or 20 minutes then wash off
Green tea bag
Green tea will help moisturize your lips and keep them hydrated.
- Soak a green tea bag in a cup of hot water for 1 minute
- Dab the tea bag onto your lips for 5-10 minutes
- Repeat daily for best results
This oil is most effective in moisturizing lips, thus preventing them from cracking and drying.
- Massage a little coconut oil onto your lips
- Leave on, do not was off
- Repeat 2-3 times daily for best results
Lime juice + cream
Lime juice helps replenish skin while cream will make your lips smooth and pink.
- Mix together 1 teaspoon of cream and 4-5 drops of lime juice
- Place mixture in the fridge for 1 hour (until solid)
- Apply on lips before going to bed, leave overnight for best results.