4 Best Home Remedies for Dry Lip
Dry lips are constantly chapped and sore. They keep peeling off and crack easily. Contributing factors majorly include weather, dehydration and smoking. This can lead to a painful condition if left untreated. Here are 4 simple home remedies to best treat dry lips.
Sugar + honey
Sugar exfoliates dead skin cells and honey will make your lips soft and moist.
- Mix together 2 teaspoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of honey
- Mix to make a paste, then rub onto the lips
- Leave on or 20 minutes then wash off
Green tea bag
Green tea will help moisturize your lips and keep them hydrated.
- Soak a green tea bag in a cup of hot water for 1 minute
- Dab the tea bag onto your lips for 5-10 minutes
- Repeat daily for best results
This oil is most effective in moisturizing lips, thus preventing them from cracking and drying.
- Massage a little coconut oil onto your lips
- Leave on, do not was off
- Repeat 2-3 times daily for best results
Lime juice + cream
Lime juice helps replenish skin while cream will make your lips smooth and pink.
- Mix together 1 teaspoon of cream and 4-5 drops of lime juice
- Place mixture in the fridge for 1 hour (until solid)
- Apply on lips before going to bed, leave overnight for best results.