Detox Diet to Build Your Immunity and Healthy Life
Do you wish to bolster your immune system? Are you wondering how to boost your immunity and prevent health risks naturally? If that’s so, adopting a detox diet plan can help. 70% of your body’s immune system lies in your gut. So, by improving your gut health, you can enhance your immune function effectively. And, detox diet is an excellent solution to boost your gut health naturally. The right diet helps develop a favorable environment for good bacteria to flourish in your gut and minimize bad bacteria. This helps improve not only your immunity but also your overall health.
Toxins get into our bodies through the fluids and food we consume and the air we breathe. On entering our body, toxins overtax our detoxification system and immune system, thereby making us more prone to various health issues, such as flu and cold in the monsoons. The term toxin includes not only external but also internal toxins that hamper your health. Internal toxins include metabolic waste and excess hormones, while external toxins include heavy metals, pollutants, synthetic chemicals, and processed foods. The digestive system, lungs, liver, kidneys, and skin are the body organs that help eliminate these toxins from your body.
Adopting a detox diet is an easy yet highly effective way to eliminate various toxins from our body smoothly and bolster our immune system. Even if you are suffering from an autoimmune condition, such as psoriasis, you can find a psoriasis detox diet helpful and effective to reduce psoriasis flares. So, it is beneficial to adopt a detox diet plan to stay hale and hearty. It helps rejuvenate your body, nourishes you, improves your immunity, and enables you to enjoy sustainable health benefits. So, you might be wondering what dietary measures can help you follow a detox diet plan for weight loss and improve health, aren’t you? Discover everything about it by reading this blog below.
9 Detox Dietary Measures to Build Immunity and Enjoy a Healthy Life:
Here is a list of simple yet effective detox diet tips that can help strengthen your immune system and enable you to enjoy a healthy life.
Fuel Your Body with Antioxidant Food Sources:
Choose foods abundant in antioxidants to include in your detox and immune-boosting diet plan. You can have fresh fruits and vegetables packed with vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin C, and selenium that help you enjoy antioxidant benefits while detoxifying your body. Berries, nuts, citrus fruits, melons, cocoa, and healthy beverages, such as green tea, are some of the best sources of antioxidants that you can count on when following a detox diet plan. While detoxifying your body, the high antioxidant content in these foods neutralizes free radicals and protects your cells from damage.
Avoid or Limit Alcohol:
One of the best and most effective ways to detox your liver, if you have a habit of drinking alcohol, is avoiding or restricting your alcohol intake. Your liver plays a crucial role in detoxifying your body. Heavy drinking decreases your liver’s ability to perform normal functions, such as detoxification, and increases the risk of weight gain and obesity. So, when following a detox diet plan for weight loss, stay away from alcohol.
Consume Foods with High Prebiotics Content:
The intake of foods rich in prebiotics helps maintain your detoxification and immune system healthy. So, enrich your detox diet plan with prebiotic food sources. Onions, tomatoes, oats, bananas, garlic, and asparagus are some foods that provide you with prebiotics that maintain good health of your digestive system and help you enjoy maximum detox benefits.
Reduce Your Salt Intake:
Excess intake of salt increases the retention of water in your body which leads to the accumulation of toxins. To prevent the build-up of toxins, ensure that you limit your salt consumption. Have a word with your nutritionists about the right intake of salt when following a detox diet plan. Reducing your salt intake and increasing your consumption of water and potassium food sources help eliminate waste, toxins, and excess water from your body. So, include bananas, potatoes, kidney beans, spinach, and squash in your detox diet plan for weight loss.
Keep Your Body Hydrated:
Boosting your water intake helps flush out toxins from your body. Water aids your body’s detoxification system to eliminate waste products from your blood. Water consumption not only quenches your thirst but also regulates your body temperature, eliminates waste products for detoxification, lubricates your joints, aids digestion, and supports nutrient absorption. So, be sure you drink a minimum of eight to ten glasses of plain water, and boiled and cooled water in the monsoons, daily.
Lower the Consumption of Sugar & Processed Foods:
Eating sugary, processed, and junk foods in excess can increase the risk of chronic health conditions, such as diabetes and obesity. These conditions not only hamper your health but also harm your body organs crucial for detoxification, such as the kidneys and liver. So, it is wise to reduce your intake of sugar to derive maximum detox benefits when following a detox diet plan for weight loss.
Toss the Toxins:
Whenever it’s possible for you, prefer to consume a homemade, organic, and anti-oxidant diet. Choose nutritious vegetables and fruits abundant in bioflavonoids and natural digestive enzymes instead of processed foods. Stay away from foods containing dyes, artificial ingredients, additives, artificial colours, preservatives, added sugar, and other harmful additives. This will help minimize the entry of toxins into your body and promote smooth detoxification. Also, prefer to use natural cleaning products, such as baking soda, instead of cleaning products containing harmful chemicals and toxins. This helps minimize your exposure to harmful chemicals and keeps you safe.
Go for Immune-Boosting and Detoxifying Herbs:
Don’t miss adding detoxifying herbs to your detox diet plan. They help support detoxification and bolster your immune system. Here are some detox herbs that you should be aware of.
- Dandelion: This herb is effective in supporting liver function. It helps promote natural detoxification and elimination processes in your body.
- Chlorella: This herb is known to be freshwater algae that bind to toxins to help you eliminate them from your body effectively. It is rich in nutrients and effective in removing heavy metals. You can find pure chlorella in the form of capsules, powder, and tablets.
- Rhodiola: This herb is known to be an adaptogen. It helps enhance your stress tolerance by supporting energy levels, lowering fatigue, and improving the oxygenation of tissues.
- Turmeric: This is an age-old spice well-known for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. So, you may add it to your regular diet.
- Milk Thistle: This herb is famous for a plethora of years for its role in improving the function and health of the liver, which is a vital organ responsible for detoxification.
- Gotu Kola: It is known for improving your mood and memory. The herb also helps balance stress hormones, promotes a normal response to inflammation, and supports circulation.
- Bitter-Flavoured Herbs: The intake of herbs that taste bitter helps stimulate the release of enzymes, bile, and saliva – all that aid digestion. So, when following a detox diet plan, you can include in it bitter herbs and foods. You may also go for a botanical extract comprising bitter herbs’ blend, which includes orange peel, dandelion root, and burdock root.
- Shilajit: It is well-known for its use in traditional Indian medicine for its strength and longevity. Shilajit is known for being an adaptogen. It is famous for being an immunomodulator offering antiviral, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Reishi Mushroom: It has outstanding antiviral and immunomodulating properties. The adaptogenic mushroom supports healthy liver function and aids in normalizing inflammatory cytokines. It is also effective in promoting a healthy immune response against threatening microbes.
Another effective technique to detoxify your liver naturally is intermittent fasting. It involves cycles of fasting and non-fasting window, where you eat some nutritious food during the non-fasting window and do not eat during the fasting window. The renowned nutritionist Anjali Mukherjee gives precious guidance by mentioning, “Detoxification of the liver is done through many procedures in various ways. For instance, intermittent fasting. When you don’t eat for a short duration like 16 hours. Alright! You had your dinner at 7 pm and till the next day at 11’o clock you have eaten nothing; that itself will begin the detox process. Because the liver naturally detoxifies itself without additional help from out provided you give it some time. If you are eating every two hours, every three hours, you are popping things into your mouth, you are having let’s say desserts, fruits after your dinner and then you go on eating till late at night at 2’o clock, where is the time for your liver to start cleaning itself. So, intermittent fasting is a very good way to begin detoxification. Then, give your liver supporting nutrients. Supporting nutrients can be found in all these raw vegetable juices. So, whichever raw vegetables you have in your house; just take them and juice them out. You can take mint coriander juice, you can take palak tomato juice, you can take dudhi juice, you can take amla juice, haldi juice – all these juices help to detoxify the liver. Drink adequate water; that’s very important. That itself will help you a lot. And, there are a lot of Ayurvedic supplements that can help to detoxify the liver. Depending at what stage you are, we suggest different supplements for detoxification.”
Besides these dietary measures, you should also follow some healthy lifestyle practices. Here’s a quick rundown of it.
- Have Adequate Sleep: Along with the right detox diet, sufficient sleep of about seven to eight hours is essential for a smooth detox. It allows your brain to eliminate toxins that get accumulated throughout the day. Even thinking can produce metabolic waste. Sleep also helps your brain to reorganize and recharge.
- Regular Exercise: Practicing physical exercises regularly helps minimize inflammation and supports your body’s detoxification system to function properly. Regular exercise also aids your body’s lymphatic system to eliminate all that it doesn’t need smoothly and boosts your immunity. Also, relaxing in a sauna and doing workouts can help expel toxins clogging your system and promote detoxification. So, along with an immune-boosting diet plan, incorporate moderate exercise in your routine.
- Relaxation Techniques: You can also follow relaxation techniques for smooth detoxification and improving immunity. Do deep breathing exercises, meditation, lymphatic massage, laugh a lot, pranayama, and yoga stretches regularly. These help improve blood circulation and promote natural detoxification.
Now that you know the effective diet to detoxify your body and boost your immunity, follow these helpful dietary measures and healthy lifestyle practices. Approaching certified nutritionists, such as health experts at Health Total, can help you receive a customised detox immune-boosting diet plan to help you enjoy maximum detox benefits. Our detox diet plan not only detoxifies and boosts your immunity but also nourishes you with essential nutrients, treats the root cause of the underlying health condition, and prevents or lowers potential health risks. So, be quick, reach out to us at Health Total and get started to enjoy a healthy and happy life with our personalized detox diet plan.
Sign up for a FREE consultation with Health Total experts to get more tips for detoxifying your body with diet or managing any other health condition. Call toll-free at 1-800-833-171-709 and Book Free Consultation!