Toxins are a universal problem. They enter our system through pesticides, chemicals in water, pollutants in the air, personal care products, perfumes, soaps, shampoos, fresh paints, furniture polish, and drugs. But, the effects of these toxins on each of us vary widely. There are foods that help detoxify from within. Read this article to find out more.
How do toxins affect body weight?
Toxins can be acute or chronic depending on the circumstances, dose, and length of exposure. For instance, if a person eats poorly, travels extensively, leads a stressed life, suffers from toxic overload and does not exercise (due to lack of time), he will get more easily affected by these pollutants, than a person who chooses to eat sensibly and live healthily.
A toxic overload prevents you from losing weight as toxins inhibit thyroid function. In other words, toxins lower your metabolism, reduce your burn rate (inhibit the function of mitochondria) and throw your hormones out of balance. A hormonal imbalance results in weight gain. All this can wreak havoc with your metabolism and your mind. So, it is important to include foods that help detoxify in your diet plan.
Read more: 10-day Detox Box by Anjali Mukerjee
Foods that help detoxify
Food plays a major role in helping your body to detoxify. Some of the best foods that help detoxify include –
- Pomegranate: You may eat it whole or juice it out
- Beetroot, carrots & tomatoes: You may juice these together
- Cruciferous vegetables: Cabbage, broccoli & cauliflower (make a salad)
- Horseradish: This helps clean the lungs and breaks up chest congestion)
- Wheatgrass juice: It is a potent cleansing agent and immunity booster)
- Green tea: It has an anti-inflammatory effect on the body, so green tea is good for arthritic patients and those experiencing excessive hunger
- Ginger-garlic juice: Take 1 teaspoon each with 1/2 teaspoon honey. Ginger contains zingibain and garlic contains allicin – both are powerful cleansing agents.
- Pineapple: Eat two slices as one mini-meal. Pineapple contains bromelain, a powerful enzyme with cleansing properties.
- Papaya: It is a good colon cleanser because it contains papain, which is a powerful enzyme for good digestion.
In short, if you eliminate foods that contribute to your toxicity such as processed, packaged and refined foods, and chose to eat foods that help detoxify, you can cleanse your body with nutrition itself! What’s more, you will remain in great shape and health. The logic is simple. Try it.
For a personalised detox diet plan, you can get in touch with our expert. Call toll-free 1800-266-0607 to book your appointment. You can also detox at home with Detox Box by Anjali Mukerjee. To buy, click here.