Connection between Hyperthyroidism and Weight Gain
There is a complex relation between thyroid and body weight. Usually, when there is less production of thyroid hormones it leads to hypothyroid. Hypothyroid is associated with weight gain, poor memory and so forth.
Maintaining a balanced weight can be difficult especially when you are struggling with hypothyroidism. Due to low T3, the metabolism of the body slows down thus leading to weight gain. Symptoms for hypothyroid includes:
- Swelling in the neck
- Fluctuating heart rate
- Mood swings
- Low energy
- Hair loss
- Erratic body temperature
Though hypothyroid is a troublesome health issue, however, through proper lifestyle, adequate nourishment and natural treatment thyroid can be controlled. Here are few secret tips from our health experts to help you keep your weight under check with hypothyroidism:
- No carbs & sugar – In hypothyroid, it becomes important to focus on complex diet and avoid simple sugar. This helps to reduce the production of cytokines which also influences the inflammation in your body.
- Small meals – Since hypothyroidism is closely connected to digestive function, eating smaller meals frequently can decrease your blood sugar levels and also influence hypothyroidism.
- Go gluten-free – Gluten is high in goitrogens which suppress the function of thyroid gland. When you stop the consumption of gluten, your thyroid gland tends to function better.
- Physical activities – It is mandatory to burn calories especially when you are suffering from hypothyroidism. physical activities help to keep you energised and fight excess weight effectively.
- Anti-inflammatory foods – Eating anti-inflammatory foods help to cure joint pain and fight depression. It also soothes your immune system and eases any pain in the body.
Hypothyroidism could result from lifestyle issues or from your genes. Irrespective of the reason, we at Health Total help you lose your weight naturally and lead a healthy lifestyle with hypothyroidism. Don’t believe us? Book your appointment or give us a missed call on 1-800-843-0206 for a free consultation with our team of expert doctors and nutritionists and you will be surprised to gain back your lost health.