A mental disorder can be either inherited or developed due to unwanted circumstances, and the truth is, no one, neither young nor old, are safe. Thought there is no specific category of people who can get affected by these disorders, people who are most likely to get affected by depression, anxiety, OCD and insomnia fall into 2 broad categories. They are as follows:
Young children and adolescents
- Children who have a blood relative who suffered from disorders.
- Children suffering from bullying at school or college.
- Children who face physical, mental or sexual abuse.
- Children from broken and unhappy homes.
- Children who have lost a loved one.
- Children suffering from serious illness.
Young and mature adults
- Adults who have a blood relative who have suffered from these disorder.
- Adults who suffered from bullying.
- Adults who suffered physical, mental or sexual abuse.
- Adults separated or divorced from their spouse.
- Adults who indulge in substance abuse.
- Adults suffering from life-threatening disease.
- Adults who suffered a serious accident.
Mental disorders such as depression, anxiety, OCD, anxiety as well as others, are serious disorders with deep rooted causes. Therefore, if you suffer from any of these disorders, its best to get medical treatment at the earliest.
ANJALI MUKERJEE, Nutritionist, Founder Director-Health Total, having health centers in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Pune -manages obesity & other health related disorders.
Contact numbers: 9650684061/+91 86575 61727
For further information, Visit www.health-total.com