Individuals suffering from mental disorders such as depression, anxiety, insomnia and OCD face a number of similar symptoms. The main and most common symptom is the inability to carry out one’s daily functions of work, eating, sleeping and other activities effectively, as they often feel demotivated, lack energy and become disinterested in life in general. The overall noticeable symptoms of individuals, suffering from these mental illnesses are as follows:
Young children and adolescents
Young children and adolescents who are suffering from these disorders, are likely to showcase the following symptoms:
- Changes in school performance.
- Poor grades.
- Refusal to go to school.
- Persistent nightmares.
- Social withdrawal.
- Constant forgetfulness and carelessness.
- Frequent temper tantrums.
Young and mature adults
Young adults and mature adults of any age, who are suffering from these disorders, are likely to showcase the following symptoms:
- Changes in sleeping and eating habits.
- Persistent feeling of sadness and anxiousness.
- Constant mood-swings.
- A feeling of loneliness, restlessness and irritability.
- Intake of alcohol, drugs and cigarettes.
- Decreased energy levels.
- Inability to carry out daily activities of working, sleeping, eating etc.
- Loss of appetite, leading to weight loss.
- Suicidal thoughts and tendencies.
- Feeling of worthlessness and guilt.
- Decreased interest in hobbies and social life.
The Health Total approach
Depression and anxiety are serious health disorders, which affects one’s physical, as well as mental well-being. It affects a major number of individuals worldwide. Our approach helps to effectively treat this disorder, through a few lifestyle changes, a suitable personalised diet plan, coupled with counselling.