Weight Loss Diet and Foods
There is no weight loss diet that is ideal. To lose weight, you must eat a healthy meal and consume few calories than your body burns daily.
So how does one lose weight? Get a Free Consultation from Health Total doctors and nutritionists, and find out how an easy-to-follow customised weight loss diet plan, along with simple lifestyle modifications, can help you lose weight naturally!
Let Health Total help you with a personalised weight loss diet chart and weight loss tips!
- No crash dieting, no starving
- Easy-to-follow, tailor-made diet plans
- No gym workouts, no gadgets
- Clinically-proven weight loss results
- Improved disease outcomes
- Added skin & beauty benefits
Health Total weight loss program comprises a weight loss diet plan, which optimally balances natural nutrition, proteins and healthy carbohydrates. This nourishes the body and rejuvenates the mind.
A sedentary lifestyle along with unhealthy food choices, wrong meal timings, high snacking tendencies and/or disease conditions are some of the contributing factors of weight gain and can deter weight loss goals. The secret to weight loss is a fair amount of discipline and transition from junk to natural and nutritious food choices. A daily dietary discipline can make the difference between health and the lack of it.
Balanced Weight Loss Diet Plan
Health Total experts recommend eating at regular intervals as this not only keeps you away from overeating, but also ensures that you get a balanced intake of essential nutrients. Eat 5-6 mini meals a day instead of two large meals. These mini meals may consist of –
- Dry fruits
- Fresh fruits
- Vegetable juices such as cucumber, tomato and carrot mixed with mint or coriander leaves
- Whole grain salad sandwich
- Bran chapattis with vegetables
- Whole grain biscuits
The ideal breakfast would be the one which meets your nutritional needs and keeps your energy levels high. So, begin your day with fruits. If you feel ravenous in the morning a vegetable juice with whole wheat bread sandwich is a good idea. Other foods for weight loss include eggs and toast or a vegetable juice with khakhras and almonds.
The lunch can include either jowar chapattis, soy nuggets, paneer, vegetables, salads or brown rice. Include vegetables, juices, whole grains and fruits generously in your diet.
For dinner choose from sprouts, green vegetables or soup. Keep your dinner as light as possible and avoid eating after 8 pm.
Take a 30-minute brisk walk at least 5-6 days in a week.
One-day Weight Loss Diet Chart
Tips for Healthy Weight Loss
You must understand that the source of calories consumed is much more important than the total number of calories taken. Here are some weight loss tips & do’s and don’ts to keep in mind –
- Switch to complex carbs such as whole grains, oats, quinoa and green vegetables
- Include adequate amounts of fruits, whole pulses, nuts and lean meats (chicken)
- Have fibre-dense foods such as black beans, lentils, peas, broccoli, raspberries, avocados, pears, whole wheat pasta and oatmeal at regular intervals to prevent hunger pangs. These foods also provide consistent energy to the body and are effective in maintaining proper metabolism; they also aid weight loss
- Add flaxseeds and chia seeds to oats, smoothies and yogurt to make the meal more healthy
- Reduce consumption of stimulants such as coffee and colas, tobacco, alcohol, fried foods, sugar and maida-based foods
- Strictly avoid red meats along with the processed, fried and canned ones because of their high saturated fat content
- Stay away from the fat laden and fibre-deficient foods such as pizzas, burgers, pav bhaji, pulav, white bread sandwiches, pastries, cakes and chocolates
Fad diets may help you achieve major weight loss, but that isn’t the fat that you’ve shed! It’s mostly either water or muscle loss. So, consult a doctor or nutritionist before starting weight loss diet.